TPS readings

87BuickMan

hey all, have a quick question, finally got the car back together and am tring to adjust the TPS. Now with key on (not running) I pulled it as foward as possible, then snugged the screws, I then turned it upwards till I got a reading of .45 volts, so at that point I tightened the screws. Problem is when I got to WOT the volts jump to 10.5-11 instead of 4.8 or so. I was using the pedal inside the car, not just working it under the hood.

I read that. That is the method I was using to adjust the TPS, it all looks good at idle, but as soon as you open the throttle the volts go way up

Since the tps is only supplied with a 5v signal, you have other issues there. Either your measuring device is faulty, or you're measuring the wrongs wires or something. The tps can't possibly go higher than it's supply voltage.

Since the tps is only supplied with a 5v signal, you have other issues there. Either your measuring device is faulty, or you're measuring the wrongs wires or something. The tps can't possibly go higher than it's supply voltage.

Yea.... sounds like the supply must be 12v!! wiring issue?? Measure the supply to verify it's only ~5v....