You can type here any text you want

TPS sensor range

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

carbuff

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with my TPS, and I want to know if I should worry about it. I have a Holley throttle body for a SBC.

At idle, I have adjusted the TPS to read about 5%. But, no matter where I adjust it, I can't read more than about 80-81% at WOT. I've checked and I do have 5V going into the sensor...

I presume this is a bad thing? Anyone else use this TB and have a similar problem?

Thanx!
Bryan

Those are nearly identical to my TPS readings.

Remember, on a Speed-Density system, TPS doesn't matter much- just for things like AE enrichment, etc.

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

HEY! Slightly off-topic, but...

Hello,

You guys may have the answer to a small problem I'm facing - my son's '85 MCSS will soon be receiving a 385" stroker motor. We plan on keeping all factory electronics *except* the quadra-junk 4 bbl. So, questions is this: any way to connect a TPS sensor to a Holley 750 carb? This would only be needed to maintain the accel/decel part of TCC lockup - certainly not a necessity, but would be nice to keep...

Thanks!

Too bad you've made up your mind on the Quadrajet.

They are actually a better then a Holley in most respects, but folks like the ease of working with Holleys.

If you were to get a copy of Doug Roe's Quadrajet book, and work with the Q-Jet you would be amazed at how well they can run.

For the TCC B+M makes a deal to do that.
The TCI one (vacuum operated was trash in my book)

TCI makes a bracket to mount a TPS on a carburetor. Part number is 377400. You can call TCI at (662) 224-8972 and they can give you the details and the price on the setup.

Craig

Thanks, Craig!:cool: That appears to be a remote-mount unit, I was hoping to find something that would attach directly to the throttle shaft, but it'll do in a pinch.

Bruce, I've been inside this beast before (rebuild) and it's NOT a pretty sight. :mad: It's a wonder it ever ran again. :eek: I've done several Holleys and they are much easier to rebuild and tune. C'mon, *rods* vs *jets* - no comparison! As for the B&M TPS mount, I couldn't find it on their web site, so I'll call when I get a chance.

Thanks!

Originally posted by S10xGN

Bruce, I've been inside this beast before (rebuild) and it's NOT a pretty sight. :mad: It's a wonder it ever ran again. :eek: I've done several Holleys and they are much easier to rebuild and tune. C'mon, *rods* vs *jets* - no comparison!

If you want easy, then yes, Holley since they are such a crude devise. Try changing the idle air bypass on you holley, idle fuel jet, idle channel restriction.

Change the secondary AE with a vac Holley.
Change the fuel prgession on a Holley 4 barrel period.

Change the overall CFM on a Holley.

Like I said the Q-Jet leaves the Holley in the dust.

Easy, take apart and change jets with a Holley, yep.
Correct fueling, the Holley is actually slightly more tunable then a rock.

A serious read of Doug Roes Q-Jet book would be an aid into what a Q-Jet really can do.

Changing jets generally means spilling some fuel with a Holley not so with a Q-Jet.

Back