TR6 ignition impressions?

no lessons learned up to now other than making sure there are no twists in the gasket, and the o-ring is installed on the stock harness plug. If we find anything with Steve's unit, we will post it.

Bob

I run waste spark with .040 gap at 25+psi of boost. No issues with spark blowout. NGK UR5's. With a larger turbo and better heads, I'll tighten it to .035 as long as the lean cruise still works well at that gap, and will switch to NGK YR5's at that time. I should use YR5's now, but why mess with a proven combo?

I run the YR5s gapped at .040 with 24psi works great.

OK, stupid question time. I installed the wastespark coil so the plug is on the drivers side & it seems the longest wire that came with the Magnecor kit it almost too short. How's everyone mounting the coil; Weather pack on drivers side or passenger side?

I think there was only one way to mount the coil. Just look at the picture on the instruction manual. Longer spark plug wires were around 26 inches I think. Wires were plenty long.

I mounted mine with the plug towards the passenger side and all my wires fit fine... I had them mixed up at first but once I got the longest going to the front cylinders, I figured it all out.

Mounted my wire connector on the passenger side plus you can swap the wires around on the the middle coil to make no #5 plug wire to work better if you have too like I did .

Just completed a 150 mile trip and got 17 mpg on hwy. Thinking of opening the gap on UR5's to .040 from .035. Any opinions? I have an extender chip without lean cruise mode (that I know of).

Just completed a 150 mile trip and got 17 mpg on hwy. Thinking of opening the gap on UR5's to .040 from .035. Any opinions? I have an extender chip without lean cruise mode (that I know of).

The wider gap won't improve the mileage, but it may make the lean cruise smoother if you have any issues at all now. What cam do you run? That's when my mileage took a dump. I still get 18.5 on average and can get over 20 if I drive with an egg under the go pedal with a Erson 208/208 FT.

I run my plugs at .040 gap without any issues. Wider is better as long as it doesn't blow out at your boost level.

The wider gap won't improve the mileage, but it may make the lean cruise smoother if you have any issues at all now. What cam do you run? That's when my mileage took a dump. I still get 18.5 on average and can get over 20 if I drive with an egg under the go pedal with a Erson 208/208 FT.
Stock cam. 60 lb injectors, 3200 stall, 3" downpipe/exhaust....I guess I have a lot working against good mileage.

Stock cam. 60 lb injectors, 3200 stall, 3" downpipe/exhaust....I guess I have a lot working against good mileage.
At least I have a lock up converter. Was going 75 mph at about 2400 rpm.

That's surprisingly low mileage for a stock cam. The 60's really shouldn't make a difference. Maybe the narrowband O2 is getting lazy? Did you properly inflate the tires before you left? I run 16" GNX style wheels and tires.

Same tires as yours, properly inflated. Windows were up and a/c on. Not sure about the O2 sensor.

Same tires as yours, properly inflated. Windows were up and a/c on. Not sure about the O2 sensor.

a/c gets you a bit, but that still seems a bit low. How old are the plugs? What does the wideband show during lean cruise?

Under 1000 miles on plugs, no wideband. I never hooked up the wire on the extender chip so I never changed any settings. Doesn't that have to be hooked up to engage lean cruise? I was afraid if lean cruise was on and I floored it to pass I would blow a headgasket. I like the KISS principle.

When you floor it, lean cruise isn't a factor. When the TCC locks up you get lean cruise 10 seconds later. Anything other than easy cruise will turn it off.

and you don't need the wire to turn on lean cruise. The wire is only for settings that require the lights to be on (top row).