TR6 question

NY_GN

Planning next secret evil upgrade
All lights are green, but tachometer is not reading, however it is bouncing 1 time then 5 times, same as the red led.

What does that mean. Hard starts also.

That most likely is code 15 cam sensor pulse moved search tr6 bob bailey user manual
I got the manual in front of me and ya that seems the most likely suspect just replaced the cam sensor. How did you come up with code 15 from 5 blinks?

For some reason the TR6 is really touchy when it comes to the cam sensor being set dead on . So I would adjust it so it's the 25* ATDC and see if it helps .

For some reason the TR6 is really touchy when it comes to the cam sensor being set dead on . So I would adjust it so it's the 25* ATDC and see if it helps .
I just did that and put the stock cap on, now the tr6 is showing green for the cam , but I have no start and it blinked red three times.

Move the cam sensor a hair left and try it then a hair right try it.

Sometimes we aren't dead on as far as the 1.220" measurement. So try adjusting it One way then try it the other way

I reinstalled this thing 10 fuckin times, it's right.

I tried 3 different caps, you don't really own a GN if you don't have 2 spare of everything in the trunk.

The red led is flashing 3 times now, so what does that mean? Plus where are you finding the codes for the tr6? I have the manual, but the codes start at 13, plus I'm not getting any codes on the scan master.

IMG_8391.jpg

you can use the CAM light in the TR6 as a cam sensor setting tool, it goes ON when the cam sensor signal is "low", just like the caspers sensor and tool.

the caspers cam sensor has issues with the TR6, not sure why since I don't have its design information. The TR6 signal interface mimics the stock module very closely,
but is somewhat picky that the sensors be set to the Buick spec, this enables it to diagnose problems better.

Since the stock ignition will sync to a stiff breeze, there are lots of cars running around with mis-timed cam sensors.

one other thing that creeps in on these older cars is connector pins that have lost tension. its always worthwhile to tweak the connector terminals to add some tension (once every 20 years or so.)

Bob

you can use the CAM light in the TR6 as a cam sensor setting tool, it goes ON when the cam sensor signal is "low", just like the caspers sensor and tool.

the caspers cam sensor has issues with the TR6, not sure why since I don't have its design information. The TR6 signal interface mimics the stock module very closely,
but is somewhat picky that the sensors be set to the Buick spec, this enables it to diagnose problems better.

Since the stock ignition will sync to a stiff breeze, there are lots of cars running around with mis-timed cam sensors.

one other thing that creeps in on these older cars is connector pins that have lost tension. its always worthwhile to tweak the connector terminals to add some tension (once every 20 years or so.)

Bob
I got it to start the first time by syncing the cam sensor with the TR6, but it took a few seconds of cranking. I'm gonna try to sync a stock cap with the TR6.

Put in stock sensor cap and synced the tr6 and it fired right up. Thanks for the help.