Track Times

When you use a race chip designed for high boost/ high octane, 30psi is often hit, even with a stock motor. When your MAF gets maxed out, which is around a "low" 20psi, the computer will stop adding fuel. I run a chip from Red Armstrong. He asked me my build up, and how much boost I want to run. I told him, at least 27psi. So then, I use Direct scan to tune. Try a run @27psi, with C-16 fuel. If no knock, and rich, I go up in boost. I fine tune with a 7th injector and an alchohol inj.. My Red Armstrong chip will guess at fuel after around 20psi, and dump in fuel for much more boost. A street chip will not do this. Also, if I try to use a race chip on the street, it will run way rich for this reason.
Make sense? ;)

Sorry, I see you have a 49 turbo. In that case, 30psi is out of the question. Maybe 26psi. Get a race chip from Red Armstrong, or someone. Street chips will not add in enough fuel at high boost, unless you are using an alchohol inj., or a 7th injector.

Scott

i have an eight way adjustable chip burned from a guy in pennsylvania. i dont know if you have ever heard of him. The site is jay's buick grand national source or something like that. it's an eight way adjustable chip that i can set anywhere from 16 pounds on 93 to 25 pounds on 110. it seems to work pretty well and also seems to be pretty accurate.

on half c-11 and half 93, i went 12.75 with a 1.95 60'. with some practice, i believe i can get the 60' foot way down with the air bags, and the lower control arms and the nitto 555r's thats gotta be worth at east 3 tenths right there. at the beginning of next year, im gonna run like 23-24 pounds and see how things go. firstly, i have to take out the trans and see what happened there. the trans was done about a year ago with all of the high preformance clutches . i'm curious to see what happened to it if anything. what kind of temperatures should i be looking for on the gt if i put it on the downpipe?