You can type here any text you want

Tranny acting strangePart 2

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blkt6

Tranny was just rebuilt a few months ago.The car drives normal and then something slows the car down,feels like the cars dragging a trailer.Then it releases and drives normal.This is at normal driving conditions.Sometimes when i let off the gas at 30-45mph the car drags like its downshifting a stickshift.
Ofcourse when i take it to the tranny shop it doesnt do it.One guy thought it could be because the car runs rich sometimes and causes the computer to do something funky.I still believe its the tranny,can it be the torque converter?

Sounds like a sticky TCC solenoid.

While your car is cold, unplug the four-wire terminal from the side of the transmission. Drive the car enough to warm it up and see if the problem goes away.

If it did go away, you need to pull the pan and replace the converter-clutch solenoid. If the probelm persists, let us know.

No....but..

If the 2nd gear band or low/reverse clutch tries to come on due to crossleak this exact symptom would occur..:) Easiest way to tell is smell fluid ( will smell burned) and if you pull pan look at the l/r clutch.

Bruce
WE4
www.PTSnctb.com

Back