You can type here any text you want

tranny lost a little punch?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JDSfastGN

Well I recently rebuilt my transmission with my dad who is very good at transmissions including 2004rs. We installed all hardened parts(stator, drum, etc...) new pump, 2800 stall 12" convertor, all new clutches and band, a super servo, and an Art carr shift kit. Everything works great, and I've put about 3000 miles on it, and have recently installed a deeper pan and sump to prevent cavitation. The only complaint I have is that the 1-2 shift seems really hard at part throttle but doesn't seem to be very throttle sensative(if I get more into the throttle it tends to shift earlier and softer, instead of waiting longer) I adjusted my TV cable with no change in this area, and have changed the fluid twice with nothing in the pan, and the normal clutch material on the magnet. It is very inconsistant at WOT from a stop, it will break them loose very hard sometimes on the 1-2 shift and other times it won't. It still hits pretty solid and very quick and never slips. I just thought with the super servo and shift kit it would hit a little bit harder. Is there anything I can check or am I just being picky? Fluid level is fine. Thanks for any help. By the way I know I need a cooler, and am ordering one very soon, but the temperature seems to have no affect on the shift quality.

Ok well tonight I was driving around with some of my friends and all of a sudden I couldn't feel the 1-2 shift, it usually bangs pretty hard a light throttle, and the girls always complain about it, but this time it slipped in really smooth, and the only time I put any boost into it I let out before it shifted because I had a feeling it would slip and I don't want to burn the band. The 2-3 is still shifting as hard as it was before. My shifts are all on time so I don't think its in the valve body, but I could definatly be wrong. I'm suspecting that its the super servo that we installed in the rebuild, the tranny has a small leak(there before tonight) and we never found where it was coming from. Everything is new inside the tranny and there are no noises, it also has .300 pr valve and the .500 tv valve. Thats about all the info I can think of, please anybody? Thanks. There is no burnt smell, and the level is fine.

I'll bet it "stretched" the band and/or pin

Ck band clearence to drum next time you have pan off thru the drivers side hole in case. If band has loosened since rebuild considerably.. it might just be there. Also how did you set band clearence and what band/pin combo did you use?

Bruce
WE4
www.PTSnctb.com

servo?

Thanks for the reply bruce, I'd have to talk to my dad about how the band was anchored down and what pin, but I'm thinking it is still the servo, there is a leak on that side of the tranny and all seals have been replaced so I think I lost a seal in there, but who knows, thanks a lot.

Back