You can type here any text you want

Tranny not shifting under load HELP!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

lgnofdoom

Here's the problem. Car runs great with my street chip and 15-17 punds of boost. But when I add race fuel and the race chip crank up the Bosst to say 20 pounds the motor over revs and I have to lift off the throttle. SOmebody told me to adjust the TV cable but how do I do That?????????
Tranny doesn't slip shifts hard even spins the tires no problem in second. Any body have any suggestions...
Or should I just give up and put a 400 in it????
ANY help appreciated.
:confused:

Might try posting in Transmission Talk - there are lots of tranny experts there who should have some ideas for you.

Good luck!

:)

If adjusting the TV does not help here is another possibility:

Either the spring has come off of your governor, or with your increased torque, the governor calibration is no longer proper for your motor. You will have to pull the governor and inspect for a missing spring.

If the spring is present, you will need a different calibration. I copied this paragraph from an old thread:

The idea behind the two weights is to provide a wide range of governor pressure change vs. road speed. The governor is a centrifugal device so, as its rpm increases, the governor weights sling outward. The heavy weight will move out first at low road speeds sealing its checkball against the governor shaft. The light weight and spring control shift points at higher road speeds. To move the WOT shift points down, you will need to either find a stiffer spring or add weight to the light weight.

Here is a link to a performance governor:

http://www.2004rperformancecenter.com/mcartfree/product.asp?intProdID=91

Back