You can type here any text you want

Trans Brake

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

clemsgn

Does anyone have any info on the Bat Brake ? Who makes it and where to buy ? I don't like the Stage Right type cause of the 1st to 2nd gear activation, but I thought the Bat Brake was more "typical" with a solenoid ? Any info would be appreciated !!
Thanks,

Thanks

Thanks to everyone for the info ! Any comments concerning either one (Bat Brake or Stage Right) would be appreciated ! What performance gains have you experienced and or parts breakage ?
Thanks again

One thing i can say from expieience is , Which ever transbrake you purchase,Both worked equally well for me, You will be putting in some sort of upgraded forward drum, If $ is an issue, Art Carr make a heat treated drum that runs around 150 or so, If you want to know how well they work get in touch with LV GN, He has been running 10s of a stage right with an art carr drum without breakage for a few years now.
Otto

Thanks

Thanks for the info KLHAMMETT What ET and or MPH gain did you see with a brake ?

Hard to say,as i installed these with a new engine turbo combo at the same time. You will notice with a transbrake that you can run a tighter convertor on the street which i found nicer to drive.NY convertor would stall about 3000 on foot brake but 4000 on t-brake.You will need good suspension and tires to take full advantage though.
Otto

I've got an Art Carr 3500 stall 9" non lockup
Hotchkiss upper & lower non adjustable arms w/urethane bushings
Koni SPA1 adjustable F & R shocks
2 air bags
3.73's w/ Auburn Posi
Moser 30 spline axles
28 X 10 M/T slicks

Back