Transbrake

What are your 60' times ?? You can be pretty quick just off the foot brake with the right converter , suspension set up & tires.
I'm getting 1.44 sec. 60' times just off the foot brake without the 2 step . I know Dave Husek likes to call them Trans Breaks because of the strain on the transmission .

Is it time for a transbrake?

Would you bother?
What kind of et is gained?
with the proper combo a transbrake is not needed,on certain combos a transbrake is a must.its all how the car is set up,and can be done both ways.

Sure. Lonnie makes a really nice unit

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[QUOTthat is E="T- Type Tim, post: 3856439, member: 2412"]Is it time for a transbrake?[/QUOTE]that is a very loaded question

When I had Lonnie build my current trans I almost pulled the trigger on a trans brake back then.

What would you recommend for a drive shaft?

If my car was a dedicated race car it would be a no brainer, it's all about reaction time, 60' and ET. If I drive it 80% and race 20%, I wouldn't make it a special event to pull my trans out just to put a trans brake in until it was refresh time. I had a ground issue on the transbrake solenoid and foot braked my car a whole weekend. I really didnt miss it, just a few small adjustments. I had to ease up on the gas so that I didn't push thru the lights.

i Had a custom driveshaft made when I did the rear end. I told the guy it was for the drag strip and he said he knew what to put together. I never thought to get it spec’d At the time.
High 1.6 - low 1.7s were the last 50 ft times I saw a few years back. Have changed quite a few things since then.
I’m really curious how the transbrake guys like them. I remember having this added to one of Lonnie’s transmissions wasn’t that bad as far as cost.

I've only had issues with the yoke on the trans side from the abuse

When I had Lonnie build my current trans I almost pulled the trigger on a trans brake back then.

What would you recommend for a drive shaft?

TIM, I have alum and steel HD driveshafts with 1350 U-joints if you want one local.

A trans brake is only as good as the driver! In the early days a few of us won many races with the "foot" brake! :)

Thanks nick
I saw you had those available
Not sure they will work with the 9” I have
I may be able to get I shortened?

Yes you can. I have had mine done