You can type here any text you want

Transmission Crossmember mount

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

200MPHClub

All, my crossmember was rotter out, bought another from a board member and the mount to the trans is not in the right spot, it's about 3 inches more to the center. Are there 2 crossmembers out there for Turbo Buicks? Can I get a different mount for the trans to line up with the current crossmember....or have I been had with someone selling a N/A crossmember and it won't work in a turbo car?

Thanks

JD

some G bodies didn't have the mount offset from center- verify that it's a 200r4 crossmember, because if it isn't the mounting pad will also be about 3" farther forward in addition to not being offset...

That crossmember is from a N/A car. It will work as long as it was for a 200-R4. You just have to get the matching trans mount like one from a Cutlass with a 307 V8.

Thanks kind of figured as much. Since it lines up everywhere but the trans mount going to take it to a machine shop and see if they can just relocate the mount. Thankfully have my old rotted out one so it shouldn't be a problem.

Back