Transmission fluid overfill

Coelacanth

I hate having to create new threads when I can't effectively utilize the search engine here to find a topic I read recently, but that's the case now. Someone posted a topic about how much they could overfill the tranny fluid, but I can't for the life of me track down that topic now.

That member described the level on the dipstick being much higher than the "full" line when warm/car in park. I went to check my tranny fluid a few days ago and noticed the same thing; it was wet right up above the zig-zag. Tried a few clean & dips with the same result. I know the transmission couldn't have been that overfull because I hadn't added any fluid to it for years, and I was expecting it to be low after my radiator replacement & reconnecting the tranny cooler lines.

Is the car running in park somehow splashing fluid up the dipstick, wetting it higher than the dipstick "full" line? I didn't think the tranny fluid was under much pressure...

The car seems to drive & shift normally, no issues there.

I'll be doing a tranny filter change soon, so that'll rectify this, but is this normal? The fluid is nice and clean, no smell, but it's still obviously wet on the dipstick well above the warm "full" line...we're not talking a quarter inch or so, it's right up the zig-zag part. It can't be THAT overfull...after removing & reconnecting the rad & TOC lines, no less. o_O