You can type here any text you want

transmission or engine problem?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

skyw14

i started the car up today to take out of garage and clean it up. it ran fine when i pulled it out but when i started back up to put back in the garage it sounded like a knock so i shut it off. i looked at the scanmaster and it looked fine... so i started it back up and was trying to listen for the sound but it sounds more like a rattling sound than anything. so i looked under the car and didnt see nothing hitting. but i noticed when i put the car in reverse and drive the sound goes away.

not to sure what it could be .. i pulled valve covers off and everything looks fine.

any suggestions?

try checking converter bolts,or flywheel bolts,also could have cracked flywheel

i have the same exact problem i looked at the flywheel i couldnt see anything obvioius. did youi ever come to a conclusion i would greatly appriciate an answer

I would go with broken flywheel at crank bolts. have to pull trans and converter to see it. get a sfi unit from one of the vendors if its cracked. I replaced one in my friends car and 3 weeks later the stock one I put in it broke again.

Back