TR's on Barrett Jackson

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
I didn't see a recent post about this so thought I'd let you know there 2 TR's on BJ this year it appears from the car list.
Lot# 471 is a white Limited that is not original from the K&N open filter and dual gauges in the pillar.
Lot# 652 is a WE4 with super low miles supposedly, but the bumper fillers are faded and rotted off...you'd think for BJ they would have at least fixed that for less than $1k and probably bring a heck of a lot more $$....we'll see, there only on lot# 413 now...

Are they running through tonight? Off to watch speed channel:biggrin:

Lot# 652 is a WE4 with super low miles supposedly, but the bumper fillers are faded and rotted off...you'd think for BJ they would have at least fixed that for less than $1k and probably bring a heck of a lot more $$

This car was bought at Barrett Palm Beach in '07. He paid a pretty penny for it, $32K last year. Besides the bad fillers, the antenna is stuck in a partial up position, front fiberglass had a nice crack in it, and paint was good but not great for a 2,000 mile car. This seller tried hawking on Ebay numerous times for $50K.

Are they running through tonight? Off to watch speed channel:biggrin:
You should have been there, lot#359 was a 10th Anniv TA..went for $23500 with 23k miles so you could quit harassing me for mine :D ..but it wasn't a 4-spd :(

White Buick Regal T Type Limited with 30,500 original miles sold for $19,000.00.

Lookes`nice! With commission price $20,900.00!

IMO it was low due to the mods, it could have been returned back to all original for less than $100..at least the few mods I saw and would bring more..like the WE4 mentioned above...I don't know why someone would put a car on BJ and not put a little effort into it to make it original or make it look nice.

If you missed it, the 5 hours from today are replaying right now on Speed, the Limited is one of the last cars in the 5 hr show, so turn it on or record the last 20 minutes or so.

I was a bit disappointed with that number, but I have no idea about its condition or mods.

I'm wondering if our cars will ever hit the jackpot, being from the 80s and V6s?

Discuss?

I was a bit disappointed with that number, but I have no idea about its condition or mods.

I'm wondering if our cars will ever hit the jackpot, being from the 80s and V6s?

Discuss?
Their day will come. Some of the 70's cars are just now hitting it big, the early 70's cars. The late 70's cars are starting to take off and they weren't big performers. Did anyone see the '73 454 Vette, looked very nice and it only brings $35k and was a numbers matching car.
Our cars aren't even an antique yet..thats a prereq for the values to soar.

IMO it was low due to the mods, it could have been returned back to all original for less than $100..at least the few mods I saw and would bring more..like the WE4 mentioned above...I don't know why someone would put a car on BJ and not put a little effort into it to make it original or make it look nice.

If you missed it, the 5 hours from today are replaying right now on Speed, the Limited is one of the last cars in the 5 hr show, so turn it on or record the last 20 minutes or so.

I thought the same thing when he popped the hood. The original air intake was in a cardboard box in the trunk.

You should have been there, lot#359 was a 10th Anniv TA..went for $23500 with 23k miles so you could quit harassing me for mine :D ..but it wasn't a 4-spd :(

WOW. Just bring yours on a trailer to BG and I will take it home and store it for you:biggrin: :eek:

I WAS DISAPPOINTED WITH THE PRICE THAT WHITE T WENT FOR, I GUESS A LOT OF PEOPLE STILL DON 'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THESE CARS, EXCEPT THE ONE'S THAT GOT THEIR BUTTS KICK BY ONE. A LOT OF OTHER CARS WERE LOW TOO, I GUESS THE ECONOMY BAD.:confused:

You guys all sound disappointed that they aren't bringing the money. Truth is, these things are outrageously priced for a g body. When they are bringing huge $$$$ you will all be pissed that you can't buy one or get OEM parts for them because they will all be through the roof. The "collectors" ruin it for the "enthusiasts" and they always will. Be happy that they are somewhat affordable.

You guys all sound disappointed that they aren't bringing the money. Truth is, these things are outrageously priced for a g body. When they are bringing huge $$$$ you will all be pissed that you can't buy one or get OEM parts for them because they will all be through the roof. The "collectors" ruin it for the "enthusiasts" and they always will. Be happy that they are somewhat affordable.

I don't know about you, but I'd prefer to own a GN worth $50K than $15K?

Outrageously priced for a G body? Compared to what? Some rotted out, 250K miles, 78 Regal a farmer'd haul hay in? What relationship do 99.9% of G bodies have to TRs? None at all.

As it is you can't get OEM parts at reasonable prices - have you checked lately? And BTW, it's the so-called "enthusiasts" who are doing the gouging, including guys on this board.

Collectors are enthusiasts. They're enthusiastic about money - lol! Actually, as was pointed out on B-J last night, it's wrong to assume collectors aren't passionate about cars. After all, they can put their money in anything - gold, orange juice, bonds, mutual funds, whatever - and arguably make more, with less risk.

There are pros and cons to the issue. Having owned some classic Mustangs in the past I've watched it happen. The good thing is that many cars that had no chance of being restored were saved from the crusher because you could now reasonable restore one and get your money back if you sold it. The bad however is that I really got priced out of the game.