try to find 4340 rods for 109 block

tybob

hi.. somebody know what compagnie make a forge 4340 rods for the stock block 109.......and the parts number and it is a good deal to go whit thats.....i instal a new je piston .020 ..... thanks bob:)

Guys have been 9's on stock rods with good bolts, so unless you are going nuts on a build I'd say go stock.

I have never seen any stock rods fail under race conditions. You always hear of SBC having problems but never the buicks. It always seems like the crank or blocks coming apart.

ok ,it's what a knowing but i brook my crankshaft in 2 parts and i twist one rods,i need to rebilt the engine and i am in decision to put a new set of original rods or forge ,i know the stock rods are good but for how many hp.....:confused: look into my signature if thay can resist' :rolleyes: bob

For what you have I don't see why you couldn't use a stock rod?:confused: Your post wasn't to legible so it's hard to say what your wanting. Stock rods are good 'til the 9's anyway in a production block. If you're planning on faster than that you should be looking for a Stage ll block cause the rods will be the least of your problems.

i just want to run hight 9' whit this block ,i rebilt now and i not sure i put stock rods or 4340,but if the original rods support 600 to 800 hp whit out brock it's ok for me! thanks bob

Bob, pourquoi les chars dans ton signature sont familiaire? est-ce que tu reste a valleyfield? ou chateauguay, peut-etre?

See you guys at Napierville. I hang with J. Trombley ( black '68 Charger running 9.90's ) and some other Mopars. I'm the only non-Mopar guy in our group.

hi body i remember you .....in napierville...do you still go this year....i buy a new gn hard top to drag now and i dont races my t-top this year....but now i rebilt the engine and i dont know what i need to do......i have main steel cap on #2 and #3 but i think my block twist or stress whit hight hp ,i brook my crank last year ,now i plant to go whit block gardel and steel cap whit forge rods but a lot of guys told the stock rods is good to 9sec but it is good for hi 9 or low 9..:( and what do you thinks about the block gardel :confused: i know is very good i have one on my hart top gn but is a 9sec car......my t-top is a hi 10.....bob

I'll have the rjc girdle on my engine this year. if it can take jason cramer into the 9.80's, i'm sure it's gotta be good. he also runs those times on stock crank and rods, so it's capable. any more than that, you should go to a stage block.

Freddy

I went 9.98 with my stock rods wth stock bolts.
If you want a new readily available set of narrow journal steel rods Oliver maybe the only option. I just purchased a set from Cottons and he got them to me in 4 days. You will pay tho...:eek:

Hey Petit Bob
DOn't worry about the Rods and Crank. You must of had a flaw in the Crank to break like that. Some of us like Freddy says are running very hard with the Stock Crank & Rods. Some are running 9's with Original Parts. Once it's put together right. The 109 should hold well for a long time.

Good Luck

Joe

hi joe and the reste of the guys,i dicide to go whit the stock rods for new and next year i will go whit a stage2 block......im gona put all my good stuff in my t-top and bild a stage engine on my hard top next year......ithink is the best way to make real hp...:D thanks for the help;) bob