Trying to figure out vibration issue

ikle

At idle my motor runs smooth as silk but as soon as I slowly raise the rpm's it shakes and causes a vibration up to about 2800 rpm and then smooths out, like something is out of balance (this is in park).The only upgrades I did was a torque converter and HR mounts. When I received the converter the box was damaged to the point that the bolts where no longer in its package and scattered through out the box. There was no apparent damage to the converter, but I called the company anyway to make sure the converter was alright ( this was my first converter swap ) and they insured me it was. I read a post where it was recommended to remove the converter bolts and push it as far as possible toward the tranny, then start the motor to see if the vibration was still present, to confirm whether the converter was the issue or not. Is this the right test to do to determine whether the converter is to blame or just normal when having HR mounts as I read some people where having issues with vibration using them,( these mounts are their soft poly mounts.) Also I am not bashing any company's, I just want to make sure I don't have any issue's. Thanks for your input, Kyle.

If you are running a stock under balanced rotating assembly and using any engine mount other than a fresh GM set you should expect vibration.