You can type here any text you want

TTA #849 needs help......

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Roc87

11 Second V6
Well, the "rustbucket" arrived today, didn't even get to drive it since the fuel pump went out after it backed off the transporter :( .

Anyways, I need to put in the "Stock" TTA radio, it has some "Normal" pontiac radio in it, it has surface rust popping up everywhere, and it needs nearly all new leather.

Is the TTA supposed to have some sort of black rubber strip around the wheel wells? and did all TTA's have a power antenna?

For the price, I guess I really can't complain, even if I have to strip the whole thing to get the paint right, and spend the $ for the new leather.....The car fax said 83k miles was correct.
It has red tops, adj wastegate, powdercoated up-pipe, TB, Valvecovers, and polished plenum.

Welcome to TTA ownership

You'll find a good thread about taking the fuel tank out on our TTA FAQ list.

My car has power antenna and does not have any thing on the wheel wells.

The rust isn't factory either ;)

Best of luck to you. :)

Get it runing and your smile will return, for sure :D

Turns out it's not the fuel pump. Pulled the ecm codes and it was showing 41, bad cam sensor. Going to try swapping the cap off one of the other cars to see if that fixes it, if the rest of the cam sensor seems good that is (No extra play in the part that stays in the block)

Strange how it'll start and run fine for a while, then throw the code up, run rough and when you shut it off, it won't start for at least a couple hours. By looking at the cap of the cam sensor it looks very similiar to the Crank sensor, aren't those either good or bad, not somewhere in between???

Varify your fuel pressure is within range. Had that same thing happen to me once when I upped the fuel pressure blind.

HTH
Bo

Oh, and Im pretty sure that a cam sensor fires off at first and then crank sensor takes over.

Unplug your cam sensor after you start your car and if it changes in idle or while driving then theres the problem.

Simple things first.

HTH,
Bo

I believe TT/Ameasap is correct. For the engine to start in needs the cam sensor but the crank sensor takes over after it fires. They sell an inline electrical piece to fool the ecm into believing the cam sensor is good so it'll start(good insurance in case it goes down when you least expect it).

Thanks guys,
Turns out it's either the coil pack or the ignition module. Car would start and run fine after sitting all night and then once the thing warmed up, would shut off. I pulled the coilpack/ignition module off the camaro to try and that fixed it!

Now off to do the spring cleaning.........

And to kick some Mustang A:D :D

Back