You can type here any text you want

TTA Engine installed with girdle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WHITE T

Baer Brake Systems
Hey Guys,

Just thought I would share. I installed the motor I built for my dad's TTA today and everything went pretty smooth. The motor is a built 109 with a girdle, billet roller cam, ported heads, JE pistons etc.

The motor fit fine with the new poly mounts the only thing I noticed afterworkds is the oil pan just barely comes into contact with a small part of the crossmember on the drivers side. I am not sure if this will be a problem, guess we will have to see.

Hope that helps to all that was planning to try this!

Finally sombody has done this and posted. Is this with the stock cross member?

Bo

The only mod was the polymounts? That girdle sat right in there huh? NICE!

Pics?:)

Bo

Hey Bo-

Yet it went in no problem! Like I mentioned above, it comes in slight contact with the crossmember on the drivers side. Looks like if you just slightly modify the pan on the corner it would be no problem (will do that next time the motor is out). It clears everything else, and is even far from the brake line on the crossmember. I don't feel there will be a problem where the pan is touching, and like I mentioned it is minor as the mounts bolted right up.

I will have some pics soon, I can send them to you as I don't know how to post them.

Thanks!

Nice man. What girdle did You get and what size? I got the ESP 3/4", and it´s huge. I haven´t tried to lower the engine yet as I still haven´t installed the Poly´s on the k-member yet.

And what about the crossover? Did it fit as many said it wouldn´t?

Hey Guys,

I am running the RJC girdle.

I have not installed the x-over yet, but will be doing it this weekend. I will let you know if I run into problems.

Thanks!

Back