You can type here any text you want

TTA Roller lifters & rockers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2QUICK2B6

Black Car Fever
Witch roller lifters work best , And what are the best rockers to get that i dont have to machine the head ????

Don't know about the lifters, but Razor put roller rockers on his older car awhile ago. I thought it was a PITA, from what I remember. Maybe he'll chime in.

There is a company that makes bolt on roller rockers for the TTA, I've been running a set on my car for about a year now. Just need to use a slightly shorter pushrod, mine has .150 shorter.

Steve

TTA850 said:
There is a company that makes bolt on roller rockers for the TTA, I've been running a set on my car for about a year now. Just need to use a slightly shorter pushrod, mine has .150 shorter.

Steve

Steve, Who makes these??

OK here's the deal on the rockers. About a year ago I contacted several rocker arm companies looking to get a bolt on roller rocker made for the TTA and Randy at Harland Sharp came through. Turns out he actually has a low mile TTA and was kind enough to pull the rockers off his to take a look and see what we could do. I sent him a head and some stock rockers to mock everything up.

First up when he measured the stock rockers he came up with a 1.55 ratio instead of the 1.65 I was expecting. With that info we went ahead and made the rockers in a 1.6 ratio but I belive he told me that it could be made in a 1.7 ratio scince these rocker sets will be made on a per order basis. The only thing is the stock valve cover retaining bolt has to be sent to him and modified, as far as I know these are still avalible in the dealership and are all over junk yards if you dont want to send him the ones off your car. Even after modification they can still be used on a stock rocker so that is a plus. As I said before the pushrods will have to be a little shorter, I found .150 shorter to work on mine but .150-.200 shorter than stock should be fine. And finally the valve cover needs to be clearenced a little in the inside, by removing much of the baffle where the rubber grommet goes so always check for contact.

Here's a modified bolt
DSC00885.jpg

Here's everything invloved in putting the rockers on
DSC00880.jpg

Package from Harland Sharp
DSC00894.jpg

Rockers on my car
DSC00898.jpg

Thats about it, I dont have an exact price for them but if anyone is interested give Randy at Harland Sharp a call and he can set you up. If I can give any other info just ask.

HTH,
Steve

Holy ****,I really didnt think you could get away with non shaft mount rockers on these heads(GN and TTA)

Neat!!

TTA850 said:
If I can give any other info just ask.

HTH,
Steve

OK, got another question for you Steve.

Did you have to get Custom length pushrods, or was there an application that worked? Oh and do you remember how long the stock one's are?
-Thanks, Al

BTW, the red car looks much better with the nose painted. :D

V8Killer said:
Did you have to get Custom length pushrods, or was there an application that worked? Oh and do you remember how long the stock one's are?
-Thanks, Al

BTW, the red car looks much better with the nose painted. :D

Trick Flow makes chromemoly 5/16 pushrods in .050" increments. I made an error in my first post, I ended up with .100" shorter 7.950" pushrods and I think .100-.150 shorter would work but I have a roller cam so my length doesnt apply to stockers. The stock length is 8.475" so .125 shorter 8.350" pushrods should work great(part #TFS-21408350 from Summit, $84.50 for set of 16 or $6.99 each). Key word is should and I would double check before ordering anything.

And thanks on my red car :)

Steve

Back