You can type here any text you want

TTA stock fuel lines

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quiky One

The original owner of my car decided he was to lazy to change the intake fuel pump so he just added an external one. :mad: He hacked into the fuel lines and now I dont know how to get rid of the external and just go to a Walbro 340. Could anyone take a pic or have a pic of the stock fuel lines toward the rear of the car. Mainly above the axles but everywhere else too.

Thanks a lot! Jason

I dont have pixs.. but they are all straight and follow the axle well. At the bbottom of the well the feed line does an S and goes to the filter.

I would think any 3rd gen would be the same lines.

Everytime someones Lazy... somebody else pays.

My new neighboar across the street is getting her roof replaced today.. It was done less than 2 years ago by another company :redface:

The external pump deal was very common in TTA's. No one wanted to deal with dropping the tank. I worked on one not long ago and the guy insisted on just replacing his external antique Bosch with a new external Walbro. :(

TTT....I really need pics of this..I'm getting ready to attack this project and need pics of your stock fuel lines coming off the tank and over the axle. Or if anyone has a service manual diagram..Thanks!

Jason

I should have some pictures but would have to dig them out when I'm back next weekend (so a week from now).

My lines where all rusted so I grabbed a set from a late 80's Camaro (yes I know). You would have to get the lines from a donor car with the lines on the left hand side and where the line end in the engine compartmenet in the 45 degree fashion we have as there's a version with the lines ending in a 90 bend (straight up) for the TPI's I think and also lines that end on the passanger side.

Other (and better option) is to get some lines from finelines.com or any of the other vendors providing OEM material or Stainless lines, they all do the fuel lines.

Pictures below

Attachments

• DSCF0025.JPG
    DSCF0025.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 57
  • PICT0008.JPG
    PICT0008.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 52
  • PICT0015.JPG
    PICT0015.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 66
  • PICT0043.JPG
    PICT0043.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 60
And from the GM Parts & Illustration Book

Attachments

• 03-24.jpg
    03-24.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 03-25.jpg
    03-25.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 62
Jan Larsson said:
You would have to get the lines from a donor car with the lines on the left hand side and where the line end in the engine compartmenet in the 45 degree fashion we have as there's a version with the lines ending in a 90 bend (straight up) for the TPI's I think and also lines that end on the passanger side.

My 89 GTA was originally a 350 TPI car and the lines on that car are the same as my TTA's so I'd say a similar year TPI car should work as a doner car.

HTH,
Steve

Thanks for the pics Jan. I'm just going to triple and quadruple clamps high pressure fuel lines where they cut out the stock ones.

Jason

2 EFI specific hose clamps on each end will be adequate. BTDT :biggrin:

Back