You can type here any text you want

TTA vin's on blocks

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Grumpy

Thread killer
ok TT/Ameasap just posted the TTA had vin's on the block .. I basically said he was full of ......wellll you know what I mean :eek: well I was right BUT he was right to :eek: The dog took me out for his nightly "run" and after I went down in the basement to look at these blocks again .. ya I found them ...well 2 of them .. others were berried with other junk ... my original block has #s on it ... my 9 mile motor had none :confused: Ill check 2 motor I have in the garage ...hmmm wait a minute ... I have 3 in the garage :( ok guess it pays to go digging for parts .. ok I have 5 TTA motors:eek: hmmm Ill have to look at the 9 mile motor again in light ... does anyone "think" they can see faint #s on the second block ???

Attachments

• DonnaTTAmotor.JPG
    DonnaTTAmotor.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 214
  • 9milemotor.JPG
    9milemotor.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 214
Who says you cant teach an old dog new tricks!!:biggrin: Give your dog a pet for me Grumpy!!;)

I have those numbers also on that one piece, but they dont match any vin number. They dont even match a vin type number. It is only 8 number...Any ideas?

Jason

I have those numbers also on that one piece, but they dont match any vin number. They dont even match a vin type number. It is only 8 number...Any ideas?

Jason

I just noticed the #s ... can't read them .. I am blind :eek:

They are definitely there ... I spent some amount of hours scouring over my 1,200 mile car and PhillyTurbo told me where to find all the goodies!

Mine matches the vin, but I have very early production car. Maybe like the tranny tags, they said screw it and just threw them in without checking vins.

So maybe it was a planned attempt and never followed through.

Where is the full vin then? The only numbers I see are the numbers on the far right of grumpys 1st picture.

Jason

There is not a full vin. just the 8 digits you described. Last 4 match vin (the important #'s) On mine however.

Every block that was in ANY TTA had to have a vin on it. Never did a car leave the factory without a vin stamped on the block. If it was a factory aftermarket block there is no vin on it because it had no car to go with it! Also the vin font is different on the TTA's compaired to the GN's. It's more of a italic on the TTA block. Only the last 8 of the vin is stamped on the block.

The last 4 #'s on the block match the last 4 #'s on the the body tag vin. At least on mine and Philly is saying the same thing.

If SG1 is stamped on the side of the block it's a SG1 production turbo block. These could have been installed in a car and would have a vin on them if they were factory installed but usually found without the vin when you see that SG1 on the block. Stock casting number is 25526109

Just look on the block picture that Dan posted up top here. It's got white paint on it and plain as day the SG1! EVERY TTA came with a SG1 block. It's said that even some GN's near the end of their line came with them. Same block just a production turbo block.

Please forgive my ignorance, but where exactly on the block are these #'s stamped? Also, is the indicator for the transmission the blue metal tag?

Back