ttops

chops

Bets way to fix rust on the ttop area I see that gboby has a stainless kit for it anyone use it ?

Do you have pics of the damage? There are threads on here or another board on how to attack the rust, might not be as invasive as new sheet metal

No pics yet but the rust is not that bad thank god I used an abasive disc today on the rust then I put a special chem on it forgot the name then primer just to stop the spred for now am just wondering if any one has better ideas ?

POR 15? , I have not opened up mt TTOPS yet, my fingers are crossed that it is only surface rust that Ill have to deal with.

just sand it down to bare metal and primer it then painted! or if you dont want to spend the time sanding i use this chemical that changes the rust into a black mineral and you cant paint straight over that, dont have the bottle in front of me but any paint store sells it.. and also on my drive shaft i used rust destroyer spray primer guaranteed to work on rust for five years, no sanding no nothing its 14 bucks at kellymoore i think or benjamin moore! good luck

Was it Corroseral? Ospho will do but I recommend Corroseal. No priming required but it wont hurt either..