You can type here any text you want

Tune Up for Emissions Testing??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

snyderjw1

I am relatively new to tuning with FAST system, I actually have an old Fel-Pro system but seem to have the car running well from a driveablility standpoint but I am way off on my "sniff test" tune. In my state I do an idle and a 2500 rpm test. I am about 4x on Hydrocarbons at this point...any advice regarding a/f ratio, timing, injector size etc. etc. to minimize tailpipe emissions for my test?? Thanks for any help, John

I have not filled out my signature at this point but the car has:

109 short block, Ported GN1's, 218/218 roller, stock intake, 52 lb. injectors, 3" downpipe and I do put a magnaflow 3" cat on for inspection....

Use sunoco fuel maybe and set the timing to 24 degrees with a 14.00 a/f ratio inthe whole fuel table with engine fan coming on at 210F. Make sure the car is baking hot. WHen you do the idle test do it in gear not park. The stock cats work much better than the aftermarkerts though.

Thanks A lot, I will try to get it through today after making the changes you recommended....

Passed!!!

Thank you Norbs.....everything passed....except for noise, which is ridiculous but I put a baffle in the exhaust and he then passed me...I think his decibel meter was out of whack.

Back