You can type here any text you want

Tuning a 87 GN with a FAST

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rjburner

I'm currently working on a speed density tune for a 87 GN and so far I have had to start mostly from scratch. Although I have been making steady progress, starting from scratch sucks. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their completed tune with me so I could have a general idea of what to expect for VE and an acceptable amount of timing. Thanks in advance :)

Your e-mail and current build would help us alot in sending you a file that would be benificial to you. :)

Is this a Classic or XFI? Where did you purchase it from? Whoever it was should have supplied a start up program. If it was a used Classic, it should have had some sort of Buick program in it already.

Your e-mail and current build would help us alot in sending you a file that would be benificial to you. :)

burner_0352@yahoo.com

As for build info...it's not my car so I'll tell you everything I can remember about it.

Engine
-Standard block with all the tricks that are supposed to make it live at 600+hp. pistons, ARP, cometic, oiling modifications etc.
-8.5-1 Compression
-Bored .20-.30 over (Not sure exactly how much)
-Non stock iron heads (I wish I had more info to give on that)
-Cheap stainless tubular headers, big downpipe, electric cutout, flowmasters
-Large stock appearing turbo built by precision turbo (I wish I had more info to give on that)
-air to water IC
-Hemco doghouse
-Boost set at 12psi for break in (Wastegate pressure)

Fuel
-Wablro + Bosch booster
-95 lb/hr injectors

Engine Managment
-Classic FAST standalone running bank to bank and speed density
-3 bar map

Is this a Classic or XFI? Where did you purchase it from? Whoever it was should have supplied a start up program. If it was a used Classic, it should have had some sort of Buick program in it already.

Not sure where the fast was purchased as it has been in the car for several years but as far as I've seen has never had a decent tune on it. Currently I've got the car is decently tuned (with no knock and safe AFR's) up to 12 psi but I would like to compare my guesses for VE and timing advance at pressures higher than 12 psi to someones working map.

Just got a bounce on that email addy.. Says you have no yahoo acct..

My email is "burner_0352@yahoo.com" Just to be clear there is an underscore between "burner" and "0352". Thanks for the help :)

Thanks for the help guys :) My map is slightly more aggressive than one tune I recieved and slightly less agressive than another. So I should be close enough to keep head gaskets together :eek: Now if I could only get my old beemer's eprom figured out then I would be all set....ahh but that's another thread on another board. Thanks guys

Back