tuning nightmare help!

The shop said it may have been a return line. I know nothing about where any fuel lines run, however, I was under the car watching as another guy turned the key to the on position. The Fuel pump primes up and fuel dripped down in that exact location.

RAZOR, I never said my car was tuned, just that they checked the air/fuel ratio and knock levels. I wish they could have actually tuned the car. No way to tune it right til I get the new ignition module in the mail anyways.

"Rich-knock"?? I've never heard of this.
Man, where have you been? Rich knock has been discussed in magazines for many, many years, and on the Buick boards for as long as they have been around. Detonation occurs when the combustion process produces gasses that "self ignite", leading to an explosion, rather than controlled combustion. The tendency to detonate is least at mixtures just a little past stoch (stoich produces MAX combustion temps- lean OR rich cools combustion) But detonation tendency goes up, either way from the optimum A/F ratio.

All I know is once I have the new ignition module on, I can at least rule out that as the problem on issues in the top end.

Seems as the hotter the car gets the more strange it gets in the top end. The ATS on the Scanmaster is saying anywhere from 86-97 and saying "HOT" flashing.

Is there anyone in the central Illinois area that could help me tune this car up once I get that switched out? I live in Springfield, IL and work in Taylorville, IL. I'll buy ya lunch and beer (after driving of course :D )

I know you just replaced the coil pak but you should not replace one without the other. I use this as rule of thumb. Others may say no but when your dealing with electronics one can affect the other. I would never put a old coil with a new module or viceversa.

Another thing that could be affecting top end is valve float. Something to consider. Springs get weeker as they heat up. Try coil/module first and see what happens.

Hot reading on ats on my car comes on in the upper 100's. I will see it sitting in a drive thru behined anothr car but not cruising.

I would help If I where closer but I'm up by Chicago. Good Luck and post back with results.

I really hope you didn't order an AC Delco coil for $130. These routinely go for $50 on ebay brand new. Search for "grand national coil".

I only found one on Ebay for sale, got it for $90, oh well, could be worse I guess.

Well if I could afford a new coil pack too I would, but I'm stretchin it with insurance due to do this at all lol

while in OD, I noticed a slight shuddering and missing now. That was the classic sign of my other ignitions going bad. Its sad that I know that :(