Tuning

SpoolinGN

these cars can be hard to tune i heard. But when i got the car dynoed the guy told me the only thing you can really change is the fuel pressure. I don't really know so what else can be change to help the car run better?
Thanks
Scott

Get a new mechanic
fuel pressure
iac
tps
turbo boost
different chip
tv cable for shift points
thermostat
crank sensor
cam sensor (sometimes just need to be moved a teeny bit)
and 10000 things I cannot think of right now

Get ya a translator+ and have control of fuel curve and timing;)

What are you trying to accomplish? These cars are easy to tune. Add octane and turn up the boost. How hard is that?

The only caveat is that the car just has to be in good, working condition.

So many people have bad fuel pumps, plugged up exhaust, leaky headers, broken sensors, mismatched combos and then bitch that they can't run 11's on 93 octane and radial TA's.

A newbie playing with fuel pressure will get them a one way ticket to a motor rebuild. No matter what anyone tells you, fuel pressure is NOT an acceptable substitute for Octane.

Get a scan tool. Make sure eveything is in order, use a chip from a reputable vendor and set the fuel pressure to what he recommends and LEAVE it there. Turn up the boost slowly until you get a slight amount of retard on the 2-3 shift and Walla, you've achieved the optimum state of tune for the amount of octane you are running. If you want to go faster than this, you only need to add better gas and repeat.

What could be easier?

How true, octane is everything in these cars!
Guys post all the time how can I go at such and such boost, when it should be how fast can I go on xxx octane fuel.