Turbine Shaft?

morepowr

Whats the max amount of play that the Turbine Shaft can have before asuming that the bearings are bad?My car's new Boost Gauge is showing vacume but no boost ,even under full throttle.No vacume leaks,all new lines,no Exhaust or Intake Leaks,Carb Secondaries work fine,No Oil leaks or smoke and car runs great.WTF?I took the exhaust elbow off the turbo and started the car and the turbine wheel spins but kinda binds a little by hand and I can move it back and forth about an 1/8 of an inch or more.Would that cause it to spin not fast enough for no Boost??Can anybody figure this one out?:confused: ::mad:

Is that 1/8 of an inch up and down, or in and out? If it's in and out, than it's pretty safe to say the bearings are shot. As far as not getting into boost at all, does the car feel or sound like its getting any boost at all? Cause to get 0psi, it would have to be really screwed up- Sure the boost guage is acurate?

Thats up and down in and out.What should it feel like when it hits (Boost) in a "Carbed" Turbo car?Should there be some Lag and then a Pull or just it gradually picking uP speed ? I've tryed two (Boost) gagues, one that I test other cars with and one I just bought because I thought my other one was bad,but they both show the same reading(vacume but no Boost under load):confused:

Even bad turbos will build boost. They are toast when the wheels are hitting the housings, but you want to catch it before that happens if you are considering a rebuild. Does car smoke like a crop duster? Sounds like a wastegate problem, mismatched turbo, or bad exaust leak. But even a bad exaust leak should build a little boost in the higher gears. Even a BIG turbo should make boost in the higher gears. Check wastegate valve for complete seal on the exaust housing (puck over the hole) Vac. lines connected right?

scott

Well check this out,I totaly disconected the wastegate arm and wired the little arm ( the puck) on the turbo closed to get full boost and still no reading only vacume.Like I said before no Exhaust or Intake leaks.All vacume lines are all new through the whole car.So how can I Hear or Feel if the car is boosting?The wastegate works good.Even with a vacume pump on it the diapram is sealed tight.The car runs CLEAN!no smoke, passed smog No Problem.

Do you have a "T" somewhere in the wastegate controll lines? One to a solonoid, one to actuator, one to compressor housing? How about a metered oriface in the "T"? It has to be going to the correct line.

Scott

Well i give up! Makes no sense to me. Sorry, I forgot we already went through this on another thread. :confused: