You can type here any text you want

Turbo 3.8 in Colorado

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dmarx

I have been contacted by someone in Colorado that has a 3.8 Turbo in an '81 Skylark. The assumption is the engine was a transplant. He wants to sell the engine complete, air cleaner to oil pan, for $500.00. Did Buick ever put a turbo in an '81 Skylark? Also, does anyone on this list live in Colorado? More info when I get pix and location.
Dan
dlmarx@bellsouth.net

i think $500 is a high for the motor unless its a good motor. i picked up a motor at the gs nationals with no turbo or front drives for $50 with sealed power pistons and got a good motor for $200 on ebay i didnt use the motor i just used the turbo setup for my car and sold the motor to a buddy it worked good for him. i just have a different idea on prices. dont take my words to heart i just have good luck finding things. i would ask the guy i he would take less for it.

I have been contacted by someone in Colorado that has a 3.8 Turbo in an '81 Skylark. The assumption is the engine was a transplant. He wants to sell the engine complete, air cleaner to oil pan, for $500.00. Did Buick ever put a turbo in an '81 Skylark? Also, does anyone on this list live in Colorado? More info when I get pix and location.
Dan
dlmarx@bellsouth.net

Stay away Dan. Unless he's willing to send pics it's BS. The 81 Skylark is a FWD and used a different bell housing mount than the RWD cars. Unless someone converted it to RWD it won't work for you.

Back