Turbo connectors and transition pieces

RBruton

getagrip
I am installing a TA62 and curious if anyone had the O.D. on the stock intercooler connections as well as the stock throttle body diameter.

The turbo inlet appears to be 3" O.D. and the outlet appears to be 2". I am looking at trying to order a few connecters that fit alittle better and are a bit more user friendly.

My pipes are 3" O.D.

I am looking to purchase the connectors below but don't want to have to remove two of them because they were so hard to put on.

turbo inlet to 3"O.D. pipe connector
turbo outlet(looked like 2") to intercooler inlet connector(also looked like 2")
3"O.D. pipe to stock throttle body connector
Intercooler outlet to 3" O.D. pipe connector

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

i believe the intercooler inlet is 2" as u said, outlet is 2.5", stock inlet pipe from intercooler to t. body is 2.5" pipe(ur upgrading to 3" from what im reading?), and t. body is 58mm or 2.5". im pretty sure thats right! hth!

I have actually had the 3" pipes for some time. The upgrade is the TA62 turbo from a TE44. I think the turbo connections are basically the same as the TE44 its just that the turbo outlet to the IC inlet is a killer with the connecter I have now. Its just too tight and not flexible enough. I am mainly trying to make the installation as painless as possible. I have spent as much time trying to put connector hoses on as it took to do the majority of the upgrade or repair.
Thanks for the information.

yea it can be a pain, my car makes everything harder than it needs to be too! is the turbo inlet not lining up properly? left/right or up/down? or is it just really tight? take a pic of the problem and post it if u cant figure it out.

oh i think when i got the heavy duty hoses i actually had to cut the turbo to intercooler inlet some because i could not slide the hose back on the intercooler any!

Call Jack Cotton, he has the silicon transition hoses you are looking for.
Tell him phoneguy sent ya.
Bryan

Yeah its lined up its just the connector will not stretch enough to push far enough onto either the turbo outlet or the IC inlet to allow enough room to install. Generally I have to loosen the turbo cover so I can rotate it when installing. Seems like I only have an maybe 1" to 1 1/2" between the turbo outlet and the IC inlet. Not much room to work with an relatively unflexible silicone connector. The main problem is the hose is wrapped in the blue nylon or something material that impedes the flexing of the silicone. It's kind of old school now. I have ordered some hump connectors that should resolve the issue, they are thinner, color is molded in and the ring in the center to allow more flexibility.

Thanks I'll do that, I ordered the pieces I needed to install the other turbo but still want to make other changes that will require the transition pieces.