You can type here any text you want

Turbo in a 1963 Buick Special?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Boots43

Ok I have a chance to buy an 1987 GN motor and tranny with 68000 miles on it. I want to put it in my'63 Special. It has the turbo, power steering and A/C comp. Alt. etc. What electronics etc. will I need? Is it an elect. nightmare. Any help would be great. Trying to see if it is an option. Thanks

You will need the wiring harness and ecm in order to take advantage of the electronics. You should be able to get everything in the parts for sale section. Not sure if the dash harness may be necessary. Others will chime in to assist. I think John Spina, of Casper's will have any replacement connecters if needed.

Its a pretty easy swap. I put an LC2 in my 67 Firebird a few years back and the wiring is not too bad. I just took a stock harness and stripped everything out I didn't need and dressed it up a little. I brought the harness thru the dash right under the coilpack and the harness was long enought to reach under the passenger seat withour adding any length to it. I made my engine mounts and everything fit very well. The only part that was a little tricky was getting the driver's side exhaust header to clear the steering box on the Firebird. I ended up rasing the motor 5/8" compared to where I originally planned to get it to clear.

You will need the wiring harness and ecm in order to take advantage of the electronics. You should be able to get everything in the parts for sale section. Not sure if the dash harness may be necessary. Others will chime in to assist. I think John Spina, of Casper's will have any replacement connecters if needed.
Thanks for the info.

Back