Turbo question

TroubleTroy

what is a good turbo to upgrade to on my 1987 t-type and what's a good tuner to put on it as well

what is a good turbo to upgrade to on my 1987 t-type and what's a good tuner to put on it as well
does it need to be upgraded?is it damaged or maxed out and your not happy?a ta49 is a nice jump on a stock motor but if your are running the stock turbo on low boost and think a bigger unit will make the car faster you will be disappointed.i like the tt chips for tuning.

does it need to be upgraded?is it damaged or maxed out and your not happy?a ta49 is a nice jump on a stock motor but if your are running the stock turbo on low boost and think a bigger unit will make the car faster you will be disappointed.i like the tt chips for tuning.
Ok thank you

WELCOME PILGRIM!!!
Greetings and salutations! You have joined the best TR forum on the net. Unless it is a necessity to replace something due to being broke, we would recommend you do 3 things first. 1/ READ! 2/READ! and 3/ READ!!! And ask questions, which for the most part, will keep you a happy TR owner driving your car instead of repairing it all the time. These cars are held together w/knowledge and go-fast parts.
Again Welcome and enjoy your stay.

You really have to list your combo for this question to be answered.

Alky, drag radials, fuel pump, bigger injectors(tho not needed for 13.0) boost at 20+

What he said^^^ and add a hot wire kit for the new fuel pump plus a scanmaster to monitor knock and for tuning your car. When you get new injectors get the chip from tt at the same time with all your mods listed so he can burn it to run good. Last thing welcome to the darkside and good luck!!:)

What he said^^^ and add a hot wire kit for the new fuel pump plus a scanmaster to monitor knock and for tuning your car. When you get new injectors get the chip from tt at the same time with all your mods listed so he can burn it to run good. Last thing welcome to the darkside and good luck!!:)
Thank you fellas

If your looking for low 13s. 60 lbs will be over kill. But if your planning on going faster than that in the future I would pick up 60lb or 80 lbs I believe there the same price. Or they used to be. But either one is over kill for 13s. Plan on what your goal for the long term and but once lol

Grand the 80s as they will be good for years to come and e85 if you chose to go that route down the road as well

60#ers will run the same from 13s on down, and idle fantastic.