Turbo Thunder!!!

Shouldnt be more than 10 or 12 bucks my man, but bring an extra 15 for a shirt cause they are usually pretty badass

What!

Okay, wait, you mean to tell me there's no racing until after 5:00pm either day? Guess I should have checked this out sooner.

Thanks for the heads up Dan! I would have showed up early for sure! Can someone from GN Northwest confirm when the racing will be?

Thanks for the heads up Dan! I would have showed up early for sure! Can someone from GN Northwest confirm when the racing will be?

I can add that Gene Fleury stated the gates open at 4:30pm both days and that's how it's listed on Pacific Raceways website Pacific Raceways ~ Seattle's NHRA approved racecourse ~ Drag Racing Schedule

This is the same schedule we raced two years ago at Pacific Raceways (Seattle). They do road racing in the morning thru mid day, then convert to drag racing for late afternoon/evening racing.

Even though we have less racing hours we can still get in enough practice and elimination rounds. Plus running in under the lights at night is pretty cool:p

That's right. Drag racing at PR this weekend is in the evenings - they run road course during the day. That said, we're going to be camped out there the whole time - Friday through Sunday - working on the cars, cooking out, and generally having a good time getting ready for the evening action! So, the gates open for drag racing at 4:30P each day. TNT is Friday Night - the TT elims are Saturday night!

Can't wait to see you all there!

Good luck to everyone, and BE SAFE! I hope this years TT is just as fun as last year in Woodburn... No injuries, and no broken cars! Looking forward already to next year..someday I'll actually participate.....-Steve

Hi Guys,

How did Turbo Thunder turn out? Please post your times, pictures and videos when you get a chance. I intend on making the event next year.

RJ

So here's the Readers Digest update.......... Gene ran a best of an 8.35 spinning off and on, Dennis ran a 10.90 with his back up 109 block that we THRASHED to get ready in about three days after he hurt his StageII. We thrashed to change intake gasket on Shaun Macraken's car which he broke out against Gene in round one with a 12.95. Adi Mudliar red light round one, but forgot who he was running. ( sorry) after round one, someone in Sportsman class oiled the track down.(not a Buick) and it ended the nights event. So, the first round loosers ended up with a $100 bill and the winners all got $200. Not a bad pay out for just showing up. Sorry I didn't bring my car AGAIN, but Dennis has kept me too busy (along with working 56 hrs a week) to even touch my car. The poor thing just YELLS at me every time I walk past it. Come on folks...........show up next year. Some of you said you'd be there to watch but didn't show up. No excuses accepted. Only because they are just that...........an excuse.;)

I was kind of disappointed with the turnout....expected to see more cars participate. It was nice talking to some of you and putting faces to the names here on this website. I think the scheduling didn't help things. Racing didn't start until after 5pm. It was a long way to travel to just get a couple of passes in. Maybe next year we can have it at Woodburn again.

The digest version is pretty solid - thanks, Ken! Thanks as well to everyone who showed up to this year's event!

Turbo Thunder XII was a LOT of fun, but I think it was more fun for those of us who camped all weekend because the racing was far from perfect. TNT on Friday night was decent, but not many folks showed for that. Racing on Saturday night brought out about 10 cars for TTXII and I wasn't terribly impressed with how the track was running that night - lots of mis-communication and hurry up and wait. But hey, in the end, everyone got to race and made some money doing it!

SO. . . NEXT YEAR, for the infamous TT#13, we're planning something very special. I don't know the location yet, but we're going to do everything we can to get the track to ourselves. All day. 8a - whenever. . . with unlimited TNT all day long and elims in the evening when it cools down.

Your friends at GN Northwest are already working out the how and where and when, but next year we want to see ALL of you come out and help make TT one of the biggest events of the year!

I know I have made it out for only two of the Turbo Thunder Races, but I was really looking forward to racing with you guys last weekend.

I was prepping the car for racing and found this:
Tirefailure008.jpg

Keep us all posted on the next event!

Ryan K.

Ryan, too late now, but if you'd posted your problem I woulda loaned you my Drag Lites with 28 x 10.5 ET Slicks. Heck...I wasn't gonna need 'em.:frown:

Cool...this is my best payout yet even though I was way late off the line staring at the boost gauge at also breaking out LOL. Heck this is more moola thuan when I was runner up as a rookie a decade ago!

Thamks for the generous payout GNNW and other sponsors. I'm. sure it will come right back to ya as I buy more go fast goodies and service.

Thanks for hosting the event again this year Jason. Looking forward to BOP in Sept and TT next year.