You can type here any text you want

turbo tweak sd chip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tta1240

CAMEL TOE
just wondering if anyone is running this chip,if so how do they like it and how hard is it to tune with it?

I have had mine for 3 years. It is pretty easy to use. It comes out of the box pretty close I think. It wont take long to get the tune dialed in. I ran 10s 2 different stock longblock cars and just used the knock and stock O2. I have a WB now which if you use the WB correction feature it should run good just by using the WB correction feature. Assuming your WB is functioning properly.

Love it!! Haven't been to the track yet but drivability is much improved over previous setup.

I use one also.

For a first timer, it could be a real handful to tune. But it works awesome.

Be sure to properly ground and power the MAP sensor with CLEAN 5V from the ECM. The factory 5V wiring to the MAP is coming from the dash board and is not suitable for the SD setup.

You can run closed look pretty much all the time. Set target a/f for idle, part throttle and WOT... awesome.

MaxEffort "R" which is also a mafless style. Similar performance but drivability is improved with the SD

Now that I just recently added a powerlogger to my car with PLX wideband, I've been advised to get this chip.

If it runs open loop all the time, how will cold weather drive ability be?

What makes it an advantage over a typical TT chip?

Now that I just recently added a powerlogger to my car with PLX wideband, I've been advised to get this chip.

If it runs open loop all the time, how will cold weather drive ability be?

What makes it an advantage over a typical TT chip?

Go to a 6.0 if you want an upgrade. It has the wideband tracking like the SD but still uses the MAF for drivability and stuff. After reading some of your other post it think you should stick with what you have or do the 6.0. I have the SD and had the 6.0 and 5.6 and still use them.

HTH

The MAF will run alot cleaner at idle and low speed driving especially if you mount it blow through.

I have the SD chip, it's geared more for the guys who just got to tinker with everything. Twenty one adjustable parameters, the last parameter is to reset all the settings to default so, twenty adjustable parameters.
I like being able to tweak, all the parameters.... and put the MAF sensor on the shelf.

Chuck

Back