Turbo V6 Camaro

Jon Early

Dec 4, 2014
Franklin, IN
Small updates:

I started taking care of the hole I made in the back.

I'm not entirely proud of this, but it's better than having a huge hole in the floor. It's not weather proof, but I don't think it really needs to be. The tank is tucked in to this area so tight that not much is going to make it through. The carpet will take care of the rest.

I also tossed the PCV plug back in until I get the catch can set-up figured out. The car is running noticeably richer at idle and part-throttle. However, the clutch I tossed in at the beginning of the summer is already toast! I am not sure what to make of that yet. I haven't been particularly hard on it. Yeah, of coarse the car makes a lot more power than stock, but I have only attempted a 1st gear launch once because the clutch slipped really bad instead of the skinnier than stock tires. Now it slips even if I stab it from a roll. I didn't think there were any shims needed on this car, but I must have set something up incorrectly. I'll add a clutch disk to the list of things to do this winter.

Jon Early

Dec 4, 2014
Franklin, IN
Thanks! Clutch shouldn't be too big of a deal. The rear main seal is leaking which probably saturated the friction in oil. I have to do a seal and pilot bushing, so I'll swap the friction disc while I'm in there.

Jon Early

Dec 4, 2014
Franklin, IN
This project has been on hold a while due to preforming a slight rusteration on my girlfriend's car. I did decide to try restricting the oil a little bit to my turbo though. My oil pressure was already higher than stock and feeding the turbo through a -4 hose. I figured I might be loosing some response and possibly even the seals in my turbo! I'm glad I did it. The transition into boost is so much smoother and noticably lower in my rpm. I only restricted it from a -4 to -3, but I'm tempted to get one of those removable orifice fittings now. I don't really care if I end up blowing this turbo up because it was really cheap and I would like to upgrade it before building a full exhaust for the car anyway.