Turbo V6 Camaro

Jon Early

Damn.... I just read the news about the website server fire. That sucks! I'll try to get this thing updated soon, but my posts on another outlet are more in-deth anyway. Check it out if you're interested.

Jon Early

Thanks guys! It was a pretty big undertaking, but once I get my heater hoses sorted out I should be able to start putting everything back together.

MCH86GN

Good stuff. I got a Regal GS now, everyone thinks I'm crazy for buying it but I'd rather spend my money there then trying to soup my 1.4 Turbo Cruze. Hell to get a turbo charger that won't net that much power increase it cost $2000, plus the upgrades to the fuel system and tuning. At best it might be a 14s car. I'll pass. I'm definitely not modifying my new F150, at least until it's out of all the warranties, which will be after 72 months. Now about 66 months. I also want to pay my truck off, I don't have the patience's to make payments over 60 month period. Knock off a few thousand in interest as well.

Bummer about the server, I lost some PMs and my updated signature.

fast86gn

Texas Moderator
Staff member
Good stuff. I got a Regal GS now, everyone thinks I'm crazy for buying it but I'd rather spend my money there then trying to soup my 1.4 Turbo Cruze. Hell to get a turbo charger that won't net that much power increase it cost $2000, plus the upgrades to the fuel system and tuning. At best it might be a 14s car. I'll pass. I'm definitely not modifying my new F150, at least until it's out of all the warranties, which will be after 72 months. Now about 66 months. I also want to pay my truck off, I don't have the patience's to make payments over 60 month period. Knock off a few thousand in interest as well.

Bummer about the server, I lost some PMs and my updated signature.
Wait till you give them a ride! lol

My son has had that happen a few times, his friends in Vettes, Camaro's, Stangs even Honda's asking him WTH do you want with a 4dr grandma's car until they go for a ride or get spanked by it. lol For sure they learned to respect it

Jon Early

lol The 3800s can certainly upset some people with the right modifications. I look forward to the day I can finally get this one to the track, but there are still some major bugs to work out. Unfortunately, the entire drive line is one of them. I think an automatic trans conversion is coming sooner than I anticipated.

Jon Early

After two nights of juggling wire harnesses and holding the dash with my knees, it's back together! I still have the minor details to button up, but I should be ready to fire it up and start finding out what doesn't work anymore once the heater hoses are ready.
Dash installed.jpg

Jon Early

Ha!
I like keep a stack of cheap tupperware in the garage for more involved projects like this. It's nice to have a bunch of handy containers around so that you can easily separate and label hardware. Then you can easily find it again during reinstallation.

MCH86GN

Wait till you give them a ride! lol

My son has had that happen a few times, his friends in Vettes, Camaro's, Stangs even Honda's asking him WTH do you want with a 4dr grandma's car until they go for a ride or get spanked by it. lol For sure they learned to respect it
My guy fixing the headers was commenting on mods done to the car. I love the sleeper look. So does my son. Once it's on the street, I bet he'll be wanting to drive it all time.

MCH86GN

Your son will be ready for this!

I bought the car about from David's son. The car drives great, just the header needs to be fixed. The shop I took it to to have it fixed, a long time customer with some other sweet cars seen this car and wanted to buy it as is. I had to drive to Texas, from MI, to get it. That in itself is worth a couple of grand, plus cost of the car, I'd be willingly to let it go for double the price plus a $1000 more. Sound about fair. He'd probably never pay that considering someone mentioned the car was worth a lot less than I paid for it. Not the owner of the shop though, he called me to tell me the car was stacked with all kinds of goodies.
I just thought that was an interesting story to tell. In reality I want to keep the car and continue to fix some minor cosmetic issues as well as a couple of other minor things that are known to go wrong with these cars. Then I'm going to start pushing for the 11's with just the SC. Maybe do a CAM swap and see what that nets me. I saw one with a SC run 10.xx @126mph.

Last edited: