Turbo V6 Camaro

Damn.... I just read the news about the website server fire. That sucks! I'll try to get this thing updated soon, but my posts on another outlet are more in-deth anyway. Check it out if you're interested.

My firewall plate is painted and installed with the custom heater box!
Firewall plate siliconed.jpg

Firewall plate installed 3.jpg

Thanks guys! It was a pretty big undertaking, but once I get my heater hoses sorted out I should be able to start putting everything back together.

Good stuff. I got a Regal GS now, everyone thinks I'm crazy for buying it but I'd rather spend my money there then trying to soup my 1.4 Turbo Cruze. Hell to get a turbo charger that won't net that much power increase it cost $2000, plus the upgrades to the fuel system and tuning. At best it might be a 14s car. I'll pass. I'm definitely not modifying my new F150, at least until it's out of all the warranties, which will be after 72 months. Now about 66 months. I also want to pay my truck off, I don't have the patience's to make payments over 60 month period. Knock off a few thousand in interest as well.

Bummer about the server, I lost some PMs and my updated signature.

Good stuff. I got a Regal GS now, everyone thinks I'm crazy for buying it but I'd rather spend my money there then trying to soup my 1.4 Turbo Cruze. Hell to get a turbo charger that won't net that much power increase it cost $2000, plus the upgrades to the fuel system and tuning. At best it might be a 14s car. I'll pass. I'm definitely not modifying my new F150, at least until it's out of all the warranties, which will be after 72 months. Now about 66 months. I also want to pay my truck off, I don't have the patience's to make payments over 60 month period. Knock off a few thousand in interest as well.

Bummer about the server, I lost some PMs and my updated signature.
Wait till you give them a ride! lol

My son has had that happen a few times, his friends in Vettes, Camaro's, Stangs even Honda's asking him WTH do you want with a 4dr grandma's car until they go for a ride or get spanked by it. lol For sure they learned to respect it

lol The 3800s can certainly upset some people with the right modifications. I look forward to the day I can finally get this one to the track, but there are still some major bugs to work out. Unfortunately, the entire drive line is one of them. I think an automatic trans conversion is coming sooner than I anticipated.

After two nights of juggling wire harnesses and holding the dash with my knees, it's back together! I still have the minor details to button up, but I should be ready to fire it up and start finding out what doesn't work anymore once the heater hoses are ready.
Dash installed.jpg

Ha!
I like keep a stack of cheap tupperware in the garage for more involved projects like this. It's nice to have a bunch of handy containers around so that you can easily separate and label hardware. Then you can easily find it again during reinstallation.

Wait till you give them a ride! lol

My son has had that happen a few times, his friends in Vettes, Camaro's, Stangs even Honda's asking him WTH do you want with a 4dr grandma's car until they go for a ride or get spanked by it. lol For sure they learned to respect it
My guy fixing the headers was commenting on mods done to the car. I love the sleeper look. So does my son. Once it's on the street, I bet he'll be wanting to drive it all time.

That car will surprise folks, I've seen it a few times lol

I texted Robert's # to you

Your son will be ready for this!

I bought the car about from David's son. The car drives great, just the header needs to be fixed. The shop I took it to to have it fixed, a long time customer with some other sweet cars seen this car and wanted to buy it as is. I had to drive to Texas, from MI, to get it. That in itself is worth a couple of grand, plus cost of the car, I'd be willingly to let it go for double the price plus a $1000 more. Sound about fair. He'd probably never pay that considering someone mentioned the car was worth a lot less than I paid for it. Not the owner of the shop though, he called me to tell me the car was stacked with all kinds of goodies.
I just thought that was an interesting story to tell. In reality I want to keep the car and continue to fix some minor cosmetic issues as well as a couple of other minor things that are known to go wrong with these cars. Then I'm going to start pushing for the 11's with just the SC. Maybe do a CAM swap and see what that nets me. I saw one with a SC run 10.xx @126mph.

Last edited:
I got tired of breaking my back while trying to fix some of the electrical gremlins in my dash, so I moved outside.
Cowl trim removed
Cowl Trim Removed.jpg

Drilled a hole
Hole.jpg

Cleaned the surface and dropped a bolt in
Bolt.jpg

Welded it in place
Welded.jpg

Undercoated
Undercoating.jpg

And voila. My harness is mounted and out of the way.
Clamped 2.jpg

That allowed me to move on to the next order of business. Heater hoses! This turned out much better than expected.
Hoses done 1.jpg

Hoses done 2.jpg

Hoses done 3.jpg

The best part and the inspiration for all of this madness is the amount of space this freed up. I can finally build a full exhaust! A 3" pipe slides right down that opening with plenty of room to spare.
Space.jpg

I'm afraid this project has come to a close. I knew this shell was completely roached, but I didn't think it was quite to this extent. After beating on the frame rails with a hammer a little bit....
Bad frame rust 4.jpg

Bad frame rust 5.jpg

That'll do it!

For now I think the plan is to keep all the good parts I made, and scrap the rest. Maybe I'll find a nice roller to swap this unit into, but I think this is the end for the "LAME V6".