You can type here any text you want

TurboLink??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

joejakegrace

Anyone use version 4.0 of Turbolink? I haven't gotten a scantool yet b/c I'm not in the mood to spend hours of car/bike time trying to get software to work / finding an old laptop, etc. Version 4 looks "plug n play" to new Windows OS which is what I need.

Ok, my idea of tuning is turning carb screws so I'm new to this. Is Turbolink good/bad indifferent?

My car is a 16k original that runs ok but I want to know the info and tune myself.

Ok, who knows??

Did you look at the Turbolink site? Ken Mosher is a class guy and does a fair and honest comparison between various products.

If you want to just tune, you may want to consider a Scanmaster. It mounts in the car, does not need a computer and will give you the basic data you need to tune. It will give you some degree of support if you race, but, if you are really going to race, you need something to record the runs. That's where Turbolink or DirectScan would come in.

I have the old version of Turbolink, but I bought a Scanmaster for my GN because I just wanted some real-time data to monitor and tune the car. It will also give you knock/retard which is what you really want to watch when you get into boost.

His website is what got me looking. Almost sounds too good to be true with V. 4.0.

I don't want to mount anything. No plans to race (keeping it stock) but will have the car for the long term and want to be equipped.

BTW - where are you in CT?? I'm in Portland.

Milford.... between Bridgeport and New Haven...

FWIW, I mounted my Scanmaster with velcro so I could remove it anytime I wanted without ruining the interior.

Originally posted by joejakegrace
....His website is what got me looking. Almost sounds too good to be true with V. 4.0.....

I've been using Tlink 4.xx for 2+ years now :)

Have used the Tlink setup on family and neighborhood non-Buick and non-turbo cars....I'm a neighborhood hero ;)

Ken Mosher has plans to add more vehicles to the list of vehicles Tlink scans using the OBDII port. I expect growth outside the Buick community to be huge in the coming years. I'll sell my LC2 car someday, but, not the Tlink :cool:

Tlink Customer Service is absolutely tops! They've led me through many issues on the phone, with grace and genuine old fashioned caring (even when it was MY computer causing the problem).

P.S. The new Turbolink version is a powerful system that is plug and play :)

Originally posted by joejakegrace
hhhhmmmmmmm.....I might have to see that.

We'll have to meet up somewhere this Spring.

Jack Cottons is always a good meeting ground for many of us. It's about 80-90 miles for me so it's probably shorter for you. I haven't been there often lately but some of the guys just go up and hang around on Saturday morning when there's no racing going on.

My TTA is in pieces up there and pretty soon my GN will be too!

Yeah - he's outside of Springfield, right? That's about 30 miles for me. Let me know with a post and we can exchange info.

This has got me looking at TLink but the ink on the check for the car isn't even dry yet and I just dropped some coin on emblems, intercooler duct, all the tune up parts. You know the drill.

Looking forward to meeting.

Back