You can type here any text you want

Turbonetics CP TE60 BB turbo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ikle

I am going to retire my ta49 turbo, I am thinking about going with a cp te60 bb turbo with the current mods in my sig. Anyone running a similar combo, if so what are your thoughts. Thanks, Kyle.

I am going to retire my ta49 turbo, I am thinking about going with a cp te60 bb turbo with the current mods in my sig. Anyone running a similar combo, if so what are your thoughts. Thanks, Kyle.
I'll be also installing a Kenne Bell "Big Boy" FMIC.

How much boost were you running with the 49? The 60 has the same turbine as the 49, but a 1mm larger compressor wheel. Not much of a gain. Is something wrong with the 49? If not, keep it, there isn't going to be much of a gain.

How much boost were you running with the 49? The 60 has the same turbine as the 49, but a 1mm larger compressor wheel. Not much of a gain. Is something wrong with the 49? If not, keep it, there isn't going to be much of a gain.
Yeah I have had multiple problems with the 49, it had been rebuilt twice by the same company, with only a few hundred miles on it, with the same issue. I have $800 invested into this turbo and I am just plain fed up with it !!! So I am thinking about giving Turbonetics a try and was told the te60 bb would do well with my combo. I just want to get some first hand info before I make the purchase.

I agree w/forcefed3.8, the 60 is great, but you would need a 62 or larger for the added lag of the fmic.

SHADOWII said:
I agree w/forcefed3.8, the 60 is great, but you would need a 62 or larger for the added lag of the fmic.

I'm running a fmic with a te60,no problems what so ever with my set up.best step up from a 49 ImO.

I'm running a fmic with a te60,no problems what so ever with my set up.best step up from a 49 ImO.
Do you or anyone else think that I have too much stall for the ball bearing option. Thanks, Kyle.

No the stall speed is fine. As a matter of fact you will notice that the turbo will spool up right at or before 3000 rpms. That is the beauty of a ball bearing turbo, they spool up right now.

The more I look at your combo the more I think you need an alky kit from Razor though. 93 octane gas will not hold up to the amount of air flow you can run with a 49 or 60 turbo. And I would recommend a bigger set of injectors, 50 or 60 pph AND an alky kit.

I have almost the same combo as you, 3000 stall non Lu with 60 lb injectors and ta49 turbo and large fmic. Without adding alky you will still be limited to the amount of boost you can run on either turbo. If you add alky the bigger turbo will benefit from that. I love my set up, I'm running 16 lbs to it and my turbo spools pretty fast. My car is a DD though and I don't need to push it hard, just depends what you want to do with the car and how fast you want to go.

with your combo the 60 will be fine since the turbos are so similar.this is the point where you need to decide between how much power you want now vs power in the future or you will be buying again.

No the stall speed is fine. As a matter of fact you will notice that the turbo will spool up right at or before 3000 rpms. That is the beauty of a ball bearing turbo, they spool up right now.

The more I look at your combo the more I think you need an alky kit from Razor though. 93 octane gas will not hold up to the amount of air flow you can run with a 49 or 60 turbo. And I would recommend a bigger set of injectors, 50 or 60 pph AND an alky kit.
The injectors are diffenitly my next upgrade, after I install the Kenne Bell " Big Boy " FMIC and TE60. I first want to see how far i can push this new combo with the current 42's, before I upgrade to the 60's. Thanks for your reply, Kyle.

I have almost the same combo as you, 3000 stall non Lu with 60 lb injectors and ta49 turbo and large fmic. Without adding alky you will still be limited to the amount of boost you can run on either turbo. If you add alky the bigger turbo will benefit from that. I love my set up, I'm running 16 lbs to it and my turbo spools pretty fast. My car is a DD though and I don't need to push it hard, just depends what you want to do with the car and how fast you want to go.
Last year with my current combo I was able to run 17-18lbs of boost with no knock. My WB O2's where 11.6-11.7 with only 93 oct pump gas. Hoping to get the same or a little more boost with the TE60 and FMIC, but I will probably have to upgrade from the 42's to the 60's I have on the shelf. Thanks, Kyle.

Unless you are running your 49 at 25psi or higher, you will not see additional gains with the TE60 and even then they will be minimal. The ball bearing will probably make more difference in how the car feels vs real power gain. I guess if it's cheap enough and your 49 is inop then go for it, but you'd probably be happier and have a LOT more potential with a BB 6262 or something.

with your combo the 60 will be fine since the turbos are so similar.this is the point where you need to decide between how much power you want now vs power in the future or you will be buying again.
Right now I don't plan on upgrading the cam or heads, I want to see how far I can go with stock long block. I also don't plan on running any faster than 11.50's, I would be happy with being able to run 11.60-11.70's consistently. Thats why I am thinking about replacing my problematic TA49 with something that has the potential to produce a little more power, work well with stock heads/cam and help me achieve my goals. What do you think, am I on the right track ? Thanks, Kyle.

Right now I don't plan on upgrading the cam or heads, I want to see how far I can go with stock long block. I also don't plan on running any faster than 11.50's, I would be happy with being able to run 11.60-11.70's consistently. Thats why I am thinking about replacing my problematic TA49 with something that has the potential to produce a little more power, work well with stock heads/cam and help me achieve my goals. What do you think, am I on the right track ? Thanks, Kyle.

I still vote 6262 but I personally haven't run anything bigger than my 44 yet. If you are going to upgrade and want 11.50s, that's close to 120mph power, roughly 450rwhp in a full weight car. The turbine side will be your choke with the TE60 or your current 49 but both can get you there; with 30psi of boost on a stock longblock. The 6262 will get you there and more. And when you do open the motor up, the 6262 will still be there to take you further. As you sit now with stock longblock, 125mph on single nozzle. I've seen dual nozzles go 135+, but you usually aren't running a stock longblock at that point anymore. With a good tune and just a single M15, the 6262 should get you 125mph at 30psi or less. And that's good for 10's on a good hook so 11.50s consistently right off the street.

I have this exact turbo on my car, works awesome but the butt dyno says my old te44 pulls noticiable harder thru mid and the top end. Stock long block on alky @ 25psi. Hope this helps :)

I still vote 6262 but I personally haven't run anything bigger than my 44 yet. If you are going to upgrade and want 11.50s, that's close to 120mph power, roughly 450rwhp in a full weight car. The turbine side will be your choke with the TE60 or your current 49 but both can get you there; with 30psi of boost on a stock longblock. The 6262 will get you there and more. And when you do open the motor up, the 6262 will still be there to take you further. As you sit now with stock longblock, 125mph on single nozzle. I've seen dual nozzles go 135+, but you usually aren't running a stock longblock at that point anymore. With a good tune and just a single M15, the 6262 should get you 125mph at 30psi or less. And that's good for 10's on a good hook so 11.50s consistently right off the street.
PM sent

If you were happy with how the 49 spooled, getting the 60 in BB is not worth the added expense IMO.

So correct me if I am wrong :TA49 = 31mm exhaust turbine and a 58mm compressor wheel supporting 450hp per Works Turbo
TA60 = 31mm exhaust turbine and a 59mm compressor wheel supporting 550hp per Works Turbo
Does that 1mm make that much of a difference ?

So correct me if I am wrong :TA49 = 31mm exhaust turbine and a 58mm compressor wheel supporting 450hp per Works Turbo
TA60 = 31mm exhaust turbine and a 59mm compressor wheel supporting 550hp per Works Turbo
Does that 1mm make that much of a difference ?
Correction TA49 = 57mm T31 turbine
TE60 = 57mm T31 turbine

Back