turbos baby brother could use some ideas-

bitchin_buick

Cragar Keystone Klassics
The story always starts like this-LoL. I have a 82 regal (3.8- non turbo) anyhow I was innocently enough redoing my exhaust to let her breathe better and then I thought, while she is torn apart why not put on a lift kit... then since im doing that i might as well redo my shocks....RIGHT??? well after inspection of my rear springs the mounts for them on the axle are really bad... so now im gonna drop the axle to fix the coil spring mounts...WHILE I have that torn apart I might as well put in better gears..RIGHT? WHATEVER happened to an easy exhaust project??????? LOL. Forgive my ignorrance but what would be a better gear ratio to go with over my stock 82- 3.8(non turbo) THANK YOU for reading my adventure... DO your projects start as innocently as mine do???????LOL- Jelous of u turbos...

The question was about gear ratios... lets try to grow up and stay on TOPIC of mechanical questions like men and not make little bitch smug comments...

You didn't mention what tranny you had, but if you have a 200 I would say the stock (in GN's) 3.42's are great.

maybe I could find an unfortunate soul in toledo who couldnt handle his GN, wrapped her around a pole and it ended up in a junkyard. The regal engine-trani all stock for now. just bought her in march and focused all summer on getting her painted and new rims and tires.And those new fatty tires and rims look great, but boy did that make her slower off the line! I know she will never be as fast as a GN, just doing some commen mods without swapping out the current engne that runs great and dependablly slow.