turbo's baby brother- the 231 2barrel- Carb help?

bitchin_buick

Cragar Keystone Klassics
does anyone know the cfm size of the stock 4 barrel used on the turbo v6 as well as the 251? I want to put a small 4barrel on my stock 82 regal limited(231-non turbo) want a 4 barrel but dont want to bog my engine down either with too much gas.I know she wont be nearly as fast as the turbo but i just bought new rims and fatty tires and boy did that slow her down. lol. she looks great creeping slowly away from a green light. I put a cheap cheery bomb on her and that helped some opening up the exhaust... Any ideas to get more horsepower? hate to give up the stock motor she runs great and very dependable, just slow with the fatty tires. cfm of the sock 4 barrel?

thanks 4 the website info.... If u ever just want to drop your turbo in my regal just let me know!!!!! LOL!

does anyone know the cfm size of the stock 4 barrel used on the turbo v6 as well as the 251? I want to put a small 4barrel on my stock 82 regal limited(231-non turbo) want a 4 barrel but dont want to bog my engine down either with too much gas.I know she wont be nearly as fast as the turbo but i just bought new rims and fatty tires and boy did that slow her down. lol. she looks great creeping slowly away from a green light. I put a cheap cheery bomb on her and that helped some opening up the exhaust... Any ideas to get more horsepower? hate to give up the stock motor she runs great and very dependable, just slow with the fatty tires. cfm of the sock 4 barrel?

you can regulate how fast the secondaries come in by bending the travel on them keep trying till you eliminate any bob or you can just by a vacuum secondary holley. as far as cfm i would say 400's

The cfm of the 4bbl is about 480 cfm if I remember but the way it's regulated is by the back 2 barrels. The top butterflys don't open up all the way which restrics the total cfm. You can use any of the e4me carbs or if you don't have a puter then any of the non-comp controled carbs will work. The best one I've ever used is a q-jet with a 630 rating. It's on the mid to late 60's cars but you have to adapt a choke for them.