Twin Turbo 68 RS Camaro

thats gonna be a mean azz ride...at least you kept the steel industry afloat,,,:rolleyes:thats alot of pipe..looks great tho..

thats gonna be a mean azz ride...at least you kept the steel industry afloat,,,:rolleyes:thats alot of pipe..looks great tho..

I was going with the stealth look under the hood:biggrin:
They will never guess its twin turbo now...

Very nice project. My two passions rolled into one car. A 68 Camaro and turbocharging. I wish I still had mine. I bought this 68 Camaro SS396 375HP 4 spd new in 68 and sold it in 84. Kinda wish I had it to do the hybrid swap. I watch your project with envy.

Attachments

• Robert West's 1968 SS396 Camaro.jpg
    Robert West's 1968 SS396 Camaro.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 911
Very nice project. My two passions rolled into one car. A 68 Camaro and turbocharging. I wish I still had mine. I bought this 68 Camaro SS396 375HP 4 spd new in 68 and sold it in 84. Kinda wish I had it to do the hybrid swap. I watch your project with envy.

That was a nice camaro you had...Im glad my friend never traded me for his gsxr back in the day when the motor was out in 1998,he said he couldnt take my car from me and id regret it one day if we did trade,he was right...

Drove it home today...Whats the chances,finally done and wet roads out!!

The intercooler turned out real nice as it has its own air and isnt robbing my radiators air..Its very responsive from what I can tell in the rain and it spools FAST...Cant wait for the rain to go away!!

Off hand anyone know what turbo covers would fit on these proper and does anyone do custom engraving on them?

They are GN turbos PT 60-31's,just capped the puc and ran externals..

Twinturbo030.jpg

Twinturbo036.jpg

Twinturbo038.jpg

Hows that evac system work that you have plumbed into your headers/down pipe ? I've had the exact samething on different NA SBC and BBC . I maybe wrong but alot of the "gurus" say it does not work on turbo engines . :)

Your car looks great !!!!! I'm planning on putting my SBC TT setup in a 1968 Camaro or 1966 Nova as well . :)

Hows that evac system work that you have plumbed into your headers/down pipe ? I've had the exact samething on different NA SBC and BBC . I maybe wrong but alot of the "gurus" say it does not work on turbo engines . :)

Your car looks great !!!!! I'm planning on putting my SBC TT setup in a 1968 Camaro or 1966 Nova as well . :)

It seems fine,i mean im not running with the gurus,im not pushing it hard...Im just having fun with it,I never planned on beating this motor but built it proper incase I do...I run 5psi and im still at the point of "This thing is nucking futts" I drive it and have fun with it...Im sure if I went hard core id need a pump...

If you build one you will love it,I mean mine still sounds old school sorta like a 13 second car with a nice cam and rumble,but just goes krazy when you get on it and it sounds just as krazy with the boost and the Tial BOV...I need to get some video soon...Build it and fun will come:D

Heres with the turbo blankets and I turned the K&N filters down up under to suck in cooler air..

Twinturbo2003.jpg