You can type here any text you want

twin turbo regal on autotrader (joke)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rafs-T-Type

Not so Senior Member
1987 Buick Regal in TOLEDO, OH 43609: Coupe Details - 246140882 - AutoTrader.com

I sent them a message with a few questions as follows:
I only see one turbo. Can you send a picture of the other one. If this car is truly a twin turbo that price is a heck of a deal. Also do you have more information on the parts in the car i.e. injectors, computer mods, scan tool, turbo sizes etc

thats all I could fit in the message box. I can be a real jerk sometimes :rolleyes: :D

That must have been one of the FBI cars everyone talks about at car shows. The second turbo is hidden and when you push a button...POOF it comes out of nowhere. I thought they were all put on the special V8 cars though. I could be wrong.
LMAO

from the seller:

Hi,

There are 2 turbos on this car. One is smaller and "stacked" outside or beyond the larger one.

The car is all stock except for the cross braces visible inside the truck and located behind the back seat. These were added by the previous owner who took impeccable care of this classic.

As far as injector sizes etc. I'm not sure what you're after. This Buick Regal T Type is the same as a Buick Grand National except for the badges or name plates.

If you wish to call please use my home # 419-385-7487.

Regards, Gary

I guess it really does have 2 turbos :eek: lol :rolleyes:

Doesn't look like a bad car but obviously the owner doesn't know jacksheeet about it. Price seems optimistic for it right now too. It must have that special option for Supra dual turbos. It was only installed on Turbo Ts that went to Japan.

So basically he looked at the turbo set up and mistook it as two.....wow. The car belongs to him? I hope he is selling it for someone else!!!

The 2nd turbo must be where the alternator is but it's disguised as an alternator...

And you wonder why the general public asks if it's a 'twin turbo' at the cruise night or car show. It's pretty bad when the OWNER doesn't even know what he's selling! :eek: What a pinhead.............

Ken

you gotta respond to him... dont be a dick about it though, try to make it funny

from the seller:

Hi,

There are 2 turbos on this car. One is smaller and "stacked" outside or beyond the larger one.

I saw the 2nd turbo.... you just gotta look slightly in front of the other... its their - you guys must be blind....

......oh never mind thats the radiator cap.... hahahahahahaahha

I did respond I was too tired to be funny and I'm usually not a jerk twice in a row :rolleyes: . had a late night yesterday...lost yet another softball game which ended our season only to return to my buick covered in bird ****. I don't know if covered describes it. It was like a bird parade happened over my car (which was parked in the middle of the lot) :mad: so I had to drown my sorrows then wash my car. Anyway back to the subject... I just basically told him that it wasn't another turbo and told him a little about how it operates and if he thinks I'm lying to look under the hood of any diesel truck and he'll see the same thing and wished him luck with the sale.

I contacted him, told him how he's full of it trying to convince an unsuspecting buyer into buying something it's not.

Ignorance is bliss, the twin turbo Buick thing will never stop.

I did respond I was too tired to be funny and I'm usually not a jerk twice in a row :rolleyes: . had a late night yesterday...lost yet another softball game which ended our season only to return to my buick covered in bird ****. I don't know if covered describes it. It was like a bird parade happened over my car (which was parked in the middle of the lot) :mad: so I had to drown my sorrows then wash my car. Anyway back to the subject... I just basically told him that it wasn't another turbo and told him a little about how it operates and if he thinks I'm lying to look under the hood of any diesel truck and he'll see the same thing and wished him luck with the sale.

Good for you. Sometimes people just don't know and need someones help to teach them.

Good for you. Sometimes people just don't know and need someones help to teach them.

Amen to that...I am sure we have all been there before..Unless you were born with the knowledge :rolleyes: ..Lord knows I have miles to learn

That being said I was just giving him a little of a hard time with the first email because you shouldn't put stuff in a for sale ad when you don't know what you're talking about. I wonder if someone told him it was a twin. I sure doubt the original owner told him that.

I will admit that when I first saw a turbo I was very confused as to why it looks like that.

Back