You can type here any text you want

Twisted my driveshaft yoke.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo1dr

9 Sec Wanna-Be
Today I installed my engine and transmission in my Malibu. Upon putting the driveshaft in I couldn't slide it in the trans all the way to put it in the differential yoke. So, I thought it must be hitting something inside the transmission since I had it freshened also. I got looking in the rear of the trans and didn't see anything close to hitting. I went back and looked up inside the driveshaft yoke with a flashlight and could see the splines twisted where the output shaft stops. :eek: I don't have a trans brake either. Now I need another yoke but obviously I need a better one. What are you guys running that are going 9's with a 200-4R?

there are a few different aftermarket ones out there.

if it were me i'd just get a good spicer one. i worked at a driveline shop and saw a lot of torn up stuff but never a spicer yoke that had any problems.

yeah i like the 1350 spicer. like turbo1dr said never any problems or you could just get a billet slip yoke. there is one that alot of people use on the board i think its a mark williams.

I had the same problem. I ended up special ordering a forged unit from Jegs. The stock GM size u-joint is a 3R (It took me 2 yokes before I figured this out). If I could do it again, I would get a 1350 yoke and get a 1350 to 3R conversion u-joint.
HTH

I've used the Mark Williams yoke. It's a beautiful piece. 1350 solid cross, spicer u-joint is the only way to go.

Back