You can type here any text you want

Type of engine oil

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Valvoline VR1 w/ K&N oil filter here

I used to run Amsoil in everything, now it only resides in my tranny and diff. housing since trying VR1.

I have not tried some of the other oils mentioned though.

Lee

+1 if money is no object

Almost all of the methanol circle track guys that I know use it and swear by it :)

Also most of these guys are on budgets and trust me if they thought Mobil 1 could do the job they wouls use it, but they dont.

Twistin6- I'm thinking about going to Brad Penn racing oil, you won't get much better than that for the price, add a lil ZDDP if you like but it comes with a crap load of it already. HTH

After your reference to Brad Penn racing oil I checked out the site. Pretty impressive oil and no need for additive either already at like 1.5 for the zinc content. As for the price not any higher than a typical sythetic. I found it for $57 a case.

After your reference to Brad Penn racing oil I checked out the site. Pretty impressive oil and no need for additive either already at like 1.5 for the zinc content. As for the price not any higher than a typical sythetic. I found it for $57 a case.

Yes very impressive oil from what I can tell. This used to be what everyone referred to as the the "GREEN" Kendall Racing oil. Same stuff that Don Garlits used in his top fuel dragster. As far as I know or as I understand it , this oil's HTHS rating is greater than anything that has been listed in this thread.

I love the RP but I'm going to change to Brad Penn and see what kind of real world results I get after driving, idling in this 100 degree Texas heat.

One last note, apparenlty when the Brad Penn oil goes from the Green to a light brown its time to change it.. not sure I buy that but we shall see.

Back