You can type here any text you want

U2 spyplane footage

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Never posted that before. Very cool footage, I would love to take a ride in that thing!:cool:

vid

Never posted that before. Very cool footage, I would love to take a ride in that thing!:cool:

I thought so but you're the man when it comes to posting cool stuff! I would like to take a ride in that over any gnx or car for that matter :eek:

Isn't that the guy from Top Gear show?????

I don't think so. Just another guy with a funny sounding accent. The guy you're thinking of would probably ride in the blackbird sr71 and have something negative to say about it because it's American. :cool:

A bit of..

"old fart history"..:D
Seeing that vid brought back some good memories.:cool:
We used the U2 for our recon over Cuba.
The film footage we processed and printed was absolutely amazing! [6594 Test Sqdn, Westover, AFB, MA...1963-64.]
Some of it was shown on natl TV, during the confrontation between JFK and the Ruskies...
Seeing the film coming out of the processors gave us chills, knowing what we were looking at.:eek:

what i don't understand is why did they retire the Sr-71 and keep this u-2 around, Russia shot down a u-2 back in the 60's utilizing missile technology from back then i'm sure there are plenty of countries that can shoot this down with the missile technology that has evolved, at least the Sr-71 could still out run the missiles,.... fun fact did you know the reason they never armed the black bird with air to air missiles or any type of guns ?....it's because at full throttle it could out accelerate the missles and bullets rendering them useless

Attachments

• imagesCABAHVU4.jpg
    imagesCABAHVU4.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 223
Interesting how blood would boil cause the vapor pressure of water at body temperature equals the air pressure at that elevation, Yikes!

extremely cool video... anybody else noticed the gov't GTO "chase" vehicle....

Notice that..

what i don't understand is why did they retire the Sr-71 and keep this u-2 around, Russia shot down a u-2 back in the 60's utilizing missile technology from back then i'm sure there are plenty of countries that can shoot this down with the missile technology that has evolved, at least the Sr-71 could still out run the missiles,.... fun fact did you know the reason they never armed the black bird with air to air missiles or any type of guns ?....it's because at full throttle it could out accelerate the missles and bullets rendering them useless

the bird in the video is a "2 seater" version. The "spy version" was a single seater.
The shootdown was of Gary Powers. I remember that day.. Everyone that pushed war scare tactics, was screaming that the Ruskies were about to launch missles, etc...
Sadly, Mr Powers was killed when his news chopper augered in, I think, in LA.
The bird is now used mainly for atmospheric air sampling, etc. W/ satellites doing the spy job, neither the U2, nor the SR-71, are very good use of manpower, time, $$.

Like BUICKS & SR-71'S??.. Here's my "yaller car" w/ the SR at the Minnesota Natl Guard museum...:D

Attachments

• SR71 magazine001.jpg
    SR71 magazine001.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 203
extremely cool video... anybody else noticed the gov't GTO "chase" vehicle....

They've also used F-bodies.

They're manned by SR-71 pilots to talk the landing pilot to the ground as the view from the cockpit is "Limited"

the bird in the video is a "2 seater" version. The "spy version" was a single seater.
The shootdown was of Gary Powers. I remember that day.. Everyone that pushed war scare tactics, was screaming that the Ruskies were about to launch missles, etc...
Sadly, Mr Powers was killed when his news chopper augered in, I think, in LA.
The bird is now used mainly for atmospheric air sampling, etc. W/ satellites doing the spy job, neither the U2, nor the SR-71, are very good use of manpower, time, $$.

Like BUICKS & SR-71'S??.. Here's my "yaller car" w/ the SR at the Minnesota Natl Guard museum...:D

nice yeller t r got any more pics

Back