You can type here any text you want

UFC97 guys step in

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ttypewhite

Poor Chuck:frown: 4 losses in his last 5 fights and 3 of which he was knocked out cold. Last night.......another TKO. whats your take guys??? I like him, but that can't be good for a 39 year old to get his sh it pushed in like that. I think he should seriously look into something else.

Anderson Silva.......... Man this guy is displayed 2 lack luster fights. Kinda has that RoyJones attitude like he is afraid to start attacking because he doesn't want to get hit. I know the guy is dangerous, but come on.... this is the MAIN EVENT that people want to see a entertaining battle. Even Dana White apologized to the fans for such a crappy performance.

Overall i am glad my Satalite is free and I don't have to pay to watch these payper views.:wink:

Chuck will be retired after this fight. He does need another job. I had Silva to win his fight won me $1,200 but had Leites for a little just in case. Leites just kept backpeddling till he couldnt and just lay down.lol Imglad I didnt pay for the pay per view.

The Liddell mystery has been solved is the biggest reason for the demise of his career. Jardine showed everyone the blue print. Leg kicks takes his power away from him. With his power gone he poses little threat. He never had much of a ground game although he was a decent wrestler for Cal Poly but he has basically zero Jujitsu and submissions and is one demensional. Big looping hooks with power and a good take down defence was really all he had but that worked for seveal years.

The biggest problem with Chuck now besides age is that his brain has been bounced off his skull with these knock outs and it takes faaaar less to knock him out than what used to. Seen it a million times in boxing. Once a fighter has been koed violently they 99% of the time are never the same guy they were and it takes far less for it to happen again.

ttypewhite Im still lookin forward to Tito vs. Babalu match up we talked about.;)

Guys,

Dana said that Chuck will not fight again and I am ok with that.
When he had faster reflexes he could get away with a one dimensional style.
Once the reflexes slowed down and people figured him out it has not looked good for him. Shogun was once very good in Pride. Up until last night he has not looked well in his fights for the UFC. I really hope we saw the re emergence of a title contender last night.

Anderson is starting to believe his own hype.
That fight last night was a joke that was only half his fault.
He needs to move up to 205 and see how good he is.
The Spider has too be bored at 185.
Dana is not happy with him too.
I did not like his kicks to the knees.
They are kind of a cheap shot imo.

The one thing we did learn last night is Fedor = #1 P4P no questions asked!

I would have been upset if I paid for that... I like Chuck! It is obvious they figured him out! I still wouldn't try Chuck;) Shogun looked good!

I have never been a big Anderson fan either, but he looked like a punk last night. That other dude was a bigger wuss but that was a piss poor excuse for a fight!

Shogun shocked me, he looked to be the Shogun of old. I lost $20 on that fight. I had Chuck to win by knock out cause my thinking was that Shogun was gonna gas out like he did in his last 2 fights and take a hay maker to the chops........

Limited87- me too, that would be a good fight to see. Loser has to start a thread saying, "I just got owned by ttypewhite or Limited87":D But last I heard Tito is still out there marketing himself looking for a deal. He has gotta start fighting soon, long lay offs can't be good for anyone in this sport.

Shogun shocked me, he looked to be the Shogun of old. I lost $20 on that fight. I had Chuck to win by knock out cause my thinking was that Shogun was gonna gas out like he did in his last 2 fights and take a hay maker to the chops........

Limited87- me too, that would be a good fight to see. Loser has to start a thread saying, "I just got owned by ttypewhite or Limited87":D But last I heard Tito is still out there marketing himself looking for a deal. He has gotta start fighting soon, long lay offs can't be good for anyone in this sport.

I was thinking the exact same thing and would have lost money from everything we have seen of him as of late. Shogun looked alot more like the Pride Shogun stalking his opponent.

Thread title agreed!:biggrin: Yep, thats what I have read and seen also. These big lay offs arent good at all. I did see him having words with Babalu at the Strikeforce event which was pretty funny. I see Strikeforce is also suposed to be signing Kevin Randleman. Tito and him hate each other. That would be a good tune up fight! lol

Mark my words boys, if GSP can defeat Alves, he will fight Anderson Silva next at a catch weight. And if anyonne can frustrate Silva, its my boy GSP! He would have to take it to the ground and get Silva so tired, that Silvas deadly striking would not be as effective. Then St. Pierre can pick him apart like he did Penn. It may sound like a long shot but I ive heard GSP wants to do it. Also when Silva fought saturday, was the crowd shouting GSP? A friend told me he heard it.

silvas bullcrap kicks to the front of that guys knee was rediculous. thats the one move that should be banned in my view anyway. very easy for a career ending injury with that move. i would love to see gsp and silva though. i hope chuck does end his fighting days. to many go on a really tarnish their legacy.

Mark my words boys, if GSP can defeat Alves, he will fight Anderson Silva next at a catch weight. And if anyonne can frustrate Silva, its my boy GSP! He would have to take it to the ground and get Silva so tired, that Silvas deadly striking would not be as effective. Then St. Pierre can pick him apart like he did Penn. It may sound like a long shot but I ive heard GSP wants to do it. Also when Silva fought saturday, was the crowd shouting GSP? A friend told me he heard it.

I am going to step outside the box on this fight and say GSP is not going to win against Thiago Alves (not saying I am right, just a gut feeling). I just like this kids game. GSP has earned his name in the UFC but this kid IMO is going to give GSP the fight of his life. If GSP wins, and they ink that fight between him and Silva. That would be the fight to watch, because GSP will bring the fight to Silva, and Silva has to fight when someone is pressing the action (just like the fight with Henderson). I believe this would be more of a boxing match then a wrestling/ground and pound game.

chuck will still be around...just like randy the UFC will hire him as a commentator. Chuck was Dana's project in the beginning. Thats what stirred the pot for Tito/Chuck war. They were both under Dana and tito was the poster child. Otherwise Chuck and Tito would have fought a long time ago. Chuck is a great guy in and out of the ring. He may be done fighting but not working for the UFC.

chuck will still be around...just like randy the UFC will hire him as a commentator.

Commentator??:confused: Come on man he is border line retarded at times when he speaks. Have you seen some of his interviews?? There was alot of speculation going that he was on heavy drugs but later was passed off as he was just real tired..lol This is not his line of work at all. I do think Dana can and will put him in a solid position but that isnt it. I persoanlly think he should take Joe Silva's job match making. Some of these fights he comes up with are wortless..kind of like the main event we watched saturday night. Rampage/Jardine, exc.

Commentator??:confused: Come on man he is border line retarded at times when he speaks. Have you seen some of his interviews?? There was alot of speculation going that he was on heavy drugs but later was passed off as he was just real tired..lol

True, even Dana agree's with that. Here's a little blurp I copied from one of Dana's comments about Chuck.

White said Liddell would work for the company in a public relations standpoint, suggesting he would probably work with Marc Ratner in talking with legislatures and athletic commissions in getting the sport fully regulated in the few states it isn’t, and then in new countries.

“We had a two-hour meeting in Las Vegas,” White said about the agreement the two made shortly after Liddell’s loss to Rashad Evans on Sept. 6 in Atlanta. “I wanted him to retire, but he wanted one more shot. I made a series of guidelines. He had to train hard. He had to change up his training. He had to stay out of the night clubs. He did all that. He came here in great shape and went out like the stud that he is. If he had won a decision, this still would have been it. Anything less than an impressive win was going to be it. Yeah, we can still make money with him, but that’s not what it’s about here.”

The best part of the Liddell fight was him coming out to "Reign in Blood".... :mad: after that it was the typical down the barrel strait right KO'd....

Glad I wait for them to show up on tv a few month later. :redface:

Honestly I think the lower weight class guys are more fun to watch.

Back