You can type here any text you want

unuseable billlet roller cams:(

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
No, because there is always a lobe going into or coming out of max lift. And .030 is a pretty good leak. I bet if you put it together and primed it looking through the lifter valley drainback holes you would see alot of oil getting dumped back into the pan.

I just sent my cam to Nick so he could help me deal with this situation. Thanks again Nick M.

You don't ever want to uncover the lifter oil galley. Even a minor amount of valve float can create a gross internal oil leak.

High RPM + Loss of Oil pressure= Bad Things happening

I'd be uncomfortable running the converted hydraulic lifters. I would be afraid of failing the roller axles and needles. I think the tie bar issue could happen on that style lifter as a mechanical or hydraulic lifter.

As a hydraulic lifter, the roller, axles and needles have a hydraulic cushion to soften the blow of the eccentric rapidly pushing on the roller. Plus hydraulic cams have a gentle take-up ramp that also tend to cushion the action of the eccentric.

Mechanical grinds don't have the take-up in the lobes and the lash will impart a small shock to rollers and axles that were never intended to see that shock load.

I know that roller axles and needle bearing are prone to failure on mechanical roller lifters. That's why I like the Isky's. Isky will rebuild their lifters for 11 bucks a piece.

BTW, I was facing the same problem with one of my S1 blocks. I solved the problem by selling the block and buying a S2 block.

Dave

Back