You can type here any text you want

*UPDATE* Can this block be saved?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turboclam

Thanks for all who replied to the other thread and gave some free advice. (Bison, Lee Thompson, 67, Chuck Leeper)

Chuck came out from his rock and recommended a local cylinder head repair facility in Atlanta... Dover Cylinder Exchange. I sent some emails with pics to these guys and they told me that it was no problem that they could repair by spray welding. I dropped it off Tues and picked it up Friday. $350 and they blasted the block twice. Very very pleased with the work. It came out way better than expected. Here are some pics of what they did. Michael

Attachments

• Stage motor 015.jpg
    Stage motor 015.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 205
  • Stage motor 013.jpg
    Stage motor 013.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 227
Yes, Grumpy it was $10 for JB and the rest labor. I just don't like getting my hands dirty. Now it should run 9.98s on pump gas.

My local cylinder head GURU does this too. His methods are secret but gives an warranty on a cracked head or block repair, some kind-of stitch repair. That job looks great in my book. I'm sure they heated the block first before the repair and let it cool down gradually. My company had many bellhousings repaired like this. Gene

Yes he did the heat up and cool down method which was explained to me.

Back