Update to T-top rot...fixed with an awesome gbodypart.com piece....

Hey Brian, what is your well trained eye spotting? I asked my guy again if everything fit right and he responded "I talked to the body man that did the work on your car and he said he didn’t have to do any modifications at all it fit right in all he had to do was drill the holes where it was welded in at."
He actually modified it with out realizing it. I can see it in the pic. Very slight & no one would catch it but me . Just being a perfectionist. I will have that part of the tool changed.

He actually modified it with out realizing it. I can see it in the pic. Very slight & no one would catch it but me . Just being a perfectionist. I will have that part of the tool changed.

When is this part going to be made available? Don't think mine is nowhere near as bad as this one but this might make it easier to just go ahead replace it all and start off fresh.

Dannyo

Dannyo we are abut 40-45 days out on this. I have another here if some one gets in a bind. I had this ever so slightly changed. It is perfect.

Thanks for the update. Going to check with a body shop to see what they advise.

Thanks,

Dannyo

Thanks for the update. Going to check with a body shop to see what they advise.

Thanks,

Dannyo

Did you pull out the weatherstripping and trim yet? My stuff looked good til I pulled the weatherstripping out. Do that and take pics and we should be able to tell you everything you need to know.

DSCN0343.JPG
DSCN0344.JPG
DSCN0356.JPG
DSCN0358.JPG
DSCN0353.JPG
See attachments. A Little Rust, more pitting than I care for and would probably be best to replace in my opinion. Your thoughts?

If it's rusted through in some spots, it's really thin in more spots. My vote would be to replace it.

I agree, best to replace it. If I'm going to fix it might as well do it right the first time.

Guess I'll be ordering the same part from Brian. Already bought their stainless T-top parts might as well go all the way.

Thanks,

Dannyo

I got very very lucky. Mine only had one trim hole that was rusted. I was able to replace it with a 1"x1" square piece of metal. If I would have seen your pictures I would have been very very scared to take mine apart. Thanks for sharing!

I agree, best to replace it. If I'm going to fix it might as well do it right the first time.

Guess I'll be ordering the same part from Brian. Already bought their stainless T-top parts might as well go all the way.

Thanks,

Dannyo
Shipped you out Friday.
I think I will combine this piece, the stainless steel, the seals & Exterior retainer trims in different package deals. We are already working on the rear roof section as well. A-pillars are being tooled for Hard Top & T-tops.

Brian, are these pieces on the market yet? I would be very interested in one.

Thanks
Zack

Brian, are these pieces on the market yet? I would be very interested in one.

Thanks
Zack
We threw them up on the site with a price of 0. When they are pre-ordered you will not be billed using a CC & will get free shipping when they come in for being patient ;)
They are en route. If we get an abundance of orders I may air freight some in.
Should be about 20-30 days.
http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=1797&osCsid=b6daa71522e90fea09d25b7f7da88026
I linked the part back to this post in hopes to help others. Jason your name is even in there in the description & write up.
We just got an update today on the rear roof & the tooling.

man i just pulled mine apart today and from the looks of it doesnt look no where near as bad as that one..No one around here wants to mess with it except for one body shop that basically told me they would have to cut out that whole piece if they were to do it, I'm thinking bout just taking the card down to brian and having them do it since all they parts would be available there and then. Here are some pictures keep in mind i havent removed any of the loos stuff
DSCF1097.jpg

DSCF1096.jpg

DSCF1095.jpg

DSCF1094.jpg

DSCF1093.jpg

DSCF1092.jpg

DSCF1091.jpg

DSCF1090.jpg

DSCF1089.jpg

DSCF1088.jpg

DSCF1087.jpg

Thanks Brian, for making available the pieces to repair these cars,,,,you make this type of repair alot easier to fix!!
I bought the weather strip stainless from you, and the T-Top rubber from you last year...

Thanks Brian, for making available the pieces to repair these cars,,,,you make this type of repair alot easier to fix!!
I bought the weather strip stainless from you, and the T-Top rubber from you last year...
YES, IT MAKES IT POSSIBLE TO SAVE THESE T ROOF CARS, RATHER THAN WALKING AWAY FROM THEM. MANY GUYS WILL NOT EVEN LOOK A T-ROOF VEH TO PURCHASE CAUSE THEY KNOW WHAT THERE IN FOR(EVEN LOW MILE,CLEAN CARS) THEY ALL HAVE RUST UNDER THE T ROOF W-STRIPS AND T BAR..I WORKED IN THE DEALER,PUT MANY T ROOF W-STRIPS IN DUE TO WATER LEAKS, THESE INNER ROOF PANELS HAD RUST ,EVEN WHEN THEY WERE 1 YEAR OLD!...ANYWAYS, BRIAN IS SURELY DOING US A GREAT SERVICE WORKING ON THESE REPLACEMENT PARTS..HE NEEDS TO OPEN A SHOP UP HERE IN PA!!

YES, IT MAKES IT POSSIBLE TO SAVE THESE T ROOF CARS, RATHER THAN WALKING AWAY FROM THEM. MANY GUYS WILL NOT EVEN LOOK A T-ROOF VEH TO PURCHASE CAUSE THEY KNOW WHAT THERE IN FOR(EVEN LOW MILE,CLEAN CARS) THEY ALL HAVE RUST UNDER THE T ROOF W-STRIPS AND T BAR..I WORKED IN THE DEALER,PUT MANY T ROOF W-STRIPS IN DUE TO WATER LEAKS, THESE INNER ROOF PANELS HAD RUST ,EVEN WHEN THEY WERE 1 YEAR OLD!...ANYWAYS, BRIAN IS SURELY DOING US A GREAT SERVICE WORKING ON THESE REPLACEMENT PARTS..HE NEEDS TO OPEN A SHOP UP HERE IN PA!!
Bill we are already in the talks of doing another location that would be close to our old location that was in PA. Far East of you though.
Rear roof is being built now.
We will eventually have a conversion for the guys that had a T-top roof & went hard top.

Bill we are already in the talks of doing another location that would be close to our old location that was in PA. Far East of you though.
Rear roof is being built now.
We will eventually have a conversion for the guys that had a T-top roof & went hard top.
BRIAN, JAY WANTED TO SELL ME HIS BUSINESS (AND EVERY ONE ELSE THAT LOVES GN'S) HE COULD NOT WAIT TILL THE DOOR OUTER SKINS AND SHELLS CAME OUT! HE WANTED ME TO TEST FIT THEM.ANYWAYS, THINGS HERE IN THE SOUTHWEST ARE HALF THE COST AS OUT TO THE EAST..SO......CONSIDER YOUR FRIENDS OUT HERE!!!A GOOD PLACE FOR LOCATION #2 OR 3 FOR THAT MATTER....