You can type here any text you want

Upgrading the brakes to help build more boost.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

white-t-type

Just curious what all I could do to my braking system to help build more boost to help launch the car. I have an 85 t-type with the vacuum brake conversion for the 87 style engine. I can only get about 5psi boost built before it starts pushing the car. I have 28 inch mickey drag radials on 9 inch wide rims on the rear. Any help would be appreciated.

S-10 cylinders on the rear, 3 new flex lines in the kit from the vendors, line lock to keep them cool during a burnout. You can also add an adjustable proportioning valve for the track & with good soft pads (get 2 sets of the cheap one & use the 2 big ones one each sice) & 10+ lbs boost is easy! I have No Proportioning valve at all right now but its a weekend sunny day cruiser only! Get an adjustable at minimum for the streets. I ran one for years but I never drive in rain etc. Sunny dry days only!
I can get over 12 - 15 lbs off the footbrake pretty much every time, which is almost too much! Just fries the Drag radials if I dont watch it. Also, the converter plays a role as well.

In addition to the brakes, look at the tuneup, the converter, wastegate operation, etc...

I was thinking about switching back to hydraboost, what all would be needed to make everything work with the newer powersteering pump. I have the hydraboost master cylinder and booster both were new, and the pedal what else would be needed.

+1 on the S-10 rear brake conversion with the big pads and the line lock. No changes to the stock proportioning valve for me. Was like a totally different car off the line. Do a search you can find the part#s.

Mine can hold 15psi on the footbrake too:eek:

It will interface with the 86-87 power steering pump. All you need is the hoses. You can purchase stock GM hoses or check with PowerBrakeBob for some upgraded hoses.
Conrad

Back