You can type here any text you want

Upper control arms - will this work?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Justa6MB

So I bought these upper control arms for my car to get more downpipe clearance.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/art-11323699/overview/year/1987/make/buick/model/regal

I installed them and noticed that they don't have as much downward travel as the factory ones did. I assume the ball joint angles are different and that is what is preventing them from moving down farther. So I then read the article closer and noticed they say "Designed for use with Air Ride ShockWave air springs." I thought uh oh...do we have a problem? The engine is out of the car so I can't really tell if the ride height is ok.
Thanks
D

You could've gotten a pair of tubular arms from G body or speedway motors for a lot less and they'd work fine.

So I bought these upper control arms for my car to get more downpipe clearance.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/art-11323699/overview/year/1987/make/buick/model/regal

I installed them and noticed that they don't have as much downward travel as the factory ones did. I assume the ball joint angles are different and that is what is preventing them from moving down farther. So I then read the article closer and noticed they say "Designed for use with Air Ride ShockWave air springs." I thought uh oh...do we have a problem? The engine is out of the car so I can't really tell if the ride height is ok.
Thanks
D
"D"

You shouldn't have a problem at all with those! We are an authorized Ridetech Dealer and we sell a bunch of these. What you have will work fine and not only will the Shock wave air springs fit but any of the Ridetech Coil overs will as well. Since you went this far you might want to look into the Ridetech lowers so you can benefit from the front end geometry correction that they designed into their upper & lower a-arms and have a very nice complete front end set up when it's all said and done...

Ok that's great, thanks. I just put in QA1 DA shocks last fall so I wasn't planning on changing them right away. But will put the lowers on the wish list.

Back